• Bulbacast is back with a new episode in advance of tomorrow's Direct. Watch it on YouTube here.

Search results

1. Bolt the Cat

SPOILERS: Official Generation 8 Speculation & Leaks Thread (Updated 22nd Sept 2018)

Like, what is even the point of a Royal type? To one up Dragons in rarity and power? Do we really need that after they just nerfed Dragon with Fairy? I love how they don't even list any weaknesses and resistances that would justify its existence, makes it all the more glaring that they just...
  2. Bolt the Cat

SPOILERS: Official Generation 8 Speculation & Leaks Thread (Updated 22nd Sept 2018)

Full blown trailer for sure. The game has been teased for months, so just a name drop and logos isn't going to do it. Plus, with the current state of the fanbase being divided over the casual direction of the last few games and with this game supposedly being more hardcore, it has a lot to...
  3. Bolt the Cat

It definitely sounds like an announcement is happening soon. I can't imagine how they could hold a 5 day Q&A and not have a single question be related to 8th gen. I think it's safe to say we'll see something this month.
  4. Bolt the Cat

Do you like Victory Road?

The problem with BW and XY's solution is that you lose something by removing the field obstacles altogether instead of divorcing them from your Pokemon's battle moves. Field obstacles do add more variety and puzzles to the overworld, Cut and Rock Smash allow you to remove trees and boulders and...
  5. Bolt the Cat

I feel like the bashing on 3rd and 4th gen's VRs is a bit unfair. For one, the issues with there being too many HMs is a problem with the HM mechanic, not really the actual design. If you'd have gone through them with Ride abilities/Secret Moves/whatever instead of HMs, it'd be less irritating...
  6. Bolt the Cat

I've said before, I don't think that's enough. We need something more like XY's reveal with a full trailer. Again though, the difference is that we have confirmation a game is coming ahead of time. The point is that we've basically been in that January/February t0 May period for 8 months...
  7. Bolt the Cat

Change in Pokemon - Good or Bad?

Um what? It makes perfect sense for Pokemon to have vast swaths of empty wilderness. They're supposed to be vast regions teeming with wild Pokemon, it would makes sense to for most of them to inhabit areas completely untouched by man. There's no need to make the Pokemon world so heavily...
  8. Bolt the Cat

Um... how? Just take an open world, fill it with Pokemon to catch and trainers to battle. What's so hard about that? About the only thing that would really change is that there wouldn't be routes anymore, but are routes really necessary to the Pokemon experience? If you just had a seamless...
  9. Bolt the Cat

Those sparse details could be enough to get the fanbase hyped though. One of the things fans are going to be looking to see is how improved the graphics and the overworld are. Even a few screenshots or gameplay clips could answer that. If we're going to be waiting a while anyway to see the real...
  10. Bolt the Cat

Like what? Aside from maybe some discussion about the themes of the storyline, the names and logos don't really tell you much else. We're pretty much not going to have much to talk about until we see the first trailer, like the one shown off in XY's reveal and the one we saw in May for SM. Where...
  11. Bolt the Cat

Oh wow, they added a handful of rooms and some trainers. Yeah, still doesn't feel much like a Victory Road. The other Victory Roads are still more like Vast Poni Canyon than Mt. Lanakila. Victory Road should feel twice as big as Mt. Lanakila even is in USUM.
  12. Bolt the Cat

Yeah, I can't think of a more fitting theme for this generation, that conflict has been happening within the fanbase right now and likely within Game Freak as they've been deciding on what to do with this game. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.
  13. Bolt the Cat

Maybe to you, but I don't think most people view exploration the same way. I view exploration as more like sightseeing in a large city. You have all of these landmarks spread all around you and you can experience them however you want. You could wander through the city, go towards the most...
  14. Bolt the Cat

Eh, not really. The game constantly forces you in one direction the entire game now, and the "branching paths" are usually short detours that don't last long. There's little to no hidden areas to find, no mazes to navigate, no puzzles to solve, it's primarily a long slog from beginning to end...
  15. Bolt the Cat

I do like the idea of a final gauntlet dungeon before the League, but like many others, I'm sick of the generic cave areas. Lately, they've tried to freshen it up a bit by having it be a combination indoor/outdoor area, but even that's kind of stale. And no, I don't count Mt. Lanakila as a...
  16. Bolt the Cat

Too small and linear. The overworld feels way too small and corridor-like. And with them moving to console, this is only going to be more and more of an issue, console adventure games tend to be large and open ended and emphasize exploration. For Pokemon to really feel modern and console-esque...
  17. Bolt the Cat

Fixed that for you.
  18. Bolt the Cat

First of all, I liked BW2. Second, what I'm saying is that this game will make or break my continued interest in this series. That's why I want to see confirmed information sooner rather than later. And what I'm mainly interested in is the size and openness of the overworld, which is something...
  19. Bolt the Cat

I'm the opposite. I can wait on general Nintendo news because I'm not exactly lacking in Nintendo games to play, but I haven't truly enjoyed a Pokemon game in the last few years and this game has been teased endlessly to the point where I just want confirmation. Just tell me what it is so I can...
  20. Bolt the Cat

Not necessarily. DP and BW have had better post games than even games like ORAS or USUM, the first games definitely have less than the others, but there's been a definite decrease across the board. That would be what I'd be looking for in this game's post game