• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Gengarzilla

Post your most recent saved image

If you insist. Here's the endstate from one long (and heavily modded) playthrough of a WW2-era grand strategy warfare game I've been playing lately. I'm the big grey blob in the middle of Europe. Don't worry, my very first move was to throw out that taboo regime.
  2. Gengarzilla

Favourite NFE Pokemon

I usually don't go for the NFEs, but Magneton and Doublade have gotten me some particularly memorable battle wins. And the former didn't even have Eviolite!
  3. Gengarzilla

Keep/Change/Delete

Keep, it looks alright enough. Submission?
  4. Gengarzilla

Team compositions

I take type diversity to its total logical extreme. All six Pokémon dual-typed, with the Grass/Water/Fire, Dark/Psychic/Fighting, and Steel/Dragon/Fairy trios fully included, without type overlaps. If I can, I also like to squeeze in a Ghost type. Having options to fight off literally anything...
  5. Gengarzilla

On the next episode of BulbaForums...

Next week, BackSet clashes with FrontSet in a battle to determine the superior Set. Will this rivalry finally be Settled? Who will emerge Front and center, and who will lick their wounds Backstage? Stay tuned!
  6. Gengarzilla

wrong answers to pokemon questions

The Dowsing Rod, because it's really hard to find Pokémon in the waters of that place. Why does Rayquaza break the meteor in ORAS's Delta Episode?
  7. Gengarzilla

Would you rather catch...

Arceus. Weavile or Gliscor?
  8. Gengarzilla

What DON'T You Want To See In Gen IX?

An unchanged EL system transplanted from Legends Arceus. I don't care how much more intuitive and simplified ELs are than EVs, a stat investment mechanic with no global cap is something I will not tolerate. It needs significant tweaks if they want to keep ELs and my attendance. There's a damn...
  9. Gengarzilla

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I for one would rather have EVs and their hard cap of 510 over the unrestricted chaos of ELs, thank you very much. I do not want to watch stat investment mechanics in the main series regress to literal Gen 1-2 standards solely for the sake of keeping a more convenient system; that's a sacrifice...
  10. Gengarzilla

Spoilers Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen VIII)

You can. The soup can be used on any Gigantamax-capable species except Melmetal. It doesn't matter if they're exclusive to the other version.
  11. Gengarzilla

Looker Sidequest or Delta Episode: Which did you enjoy the most?

Looker sidequest by the longest of shots, which is surprising since I hadn't been particularly interested in the character before. The Delta Episode was thorougly not something I enjoyed for several reasons. I wasn't interested in Rayquaza or Deoxys, I don't like how the alternate dimensions...
  12. Gengarzilla

Your controversial opinions

Going off of the two ear-like protrusions on the top of its head, and the Japanese use of "dust" to mean trash, Trubbish could even be called a literal dust bunny. I for one find that an adorable concept idea and it makes me like this little trashy boi a lot more.
  13. Gengarzilla

How would Squirtle perform in other regions?

Shell Smash is one of those things that will just turn a Pokémon's whole entire life upside down should they get it. Look at Cloyster in competitive play; once just another bulky Water type, now very often an active sweeper aided by those Shell Smash boosts. That move instantly made Blastoise...
  14. Gengarzilla

Pokemon you're Proud/Lucky to own

Most of my planned party Pokémon could be this sort, because I extensively (perhaps obsessively) plot out what I'd like my finished team to look like. Once they're all set and I've begun using them enough, I'll find myself growing attached to them. Some of the biggest examples of that are my...
  15. Gengarzilla

What Tier is your favorite Pokemon (Smogon)

Gengar is one of those unfortunate creatures that's currently stuck in limbo. UUBL. Too good for UU but not quite at OU's increasingly powercrept standards. It really rankles my pear that Gengar gets "direct competition" from Dragapult, a Pokémon who should have been a physical attacker had Game...
  16. Gengarzilla

Your controversial opinions

BDSP players aren't even remotely forced to pick Chimchar at all, since the Underground has you covered for alternate options, I was quick to grab that Houndoom I wanted for this run. Heck, Ponyta and Rapidash are not even that bad for Gen 4 playthroughs, yet this push for Chimchar because "the...
  17. Gengarzilla

which pokemon in legends arceus do you think makes no sense to be hostile?

They're kinda why I put genuine last-minute consideration into Rowlet for the starter once I heard about Paras's tyranny from reviews. Double Grass resistance, powder immunity, and 4x effective Flying moves all sound like strong deterrents. Eventually I just stuck to my guns with Cyndaquil while...
  18. Gengarzilla

BDSP Appreciation thread

I can honestly say, without exaggeration, that I have not overall enjoyed a main series game this much since B2W2 way back when. XY, ORAS, SM, USUM, LGPE, SWSH, almost ten bloody years of mainline games that just didn't do it for me in various ways, and then BDSP comes along. Somehow in spite of...
  19. Gengarzilla

What are you gonna name your starter in Scarlet/Violet?

I'm notoriously slow with nicknames. Likely whatever I'll pick out would be chosen during their final stage, and then I'm not sure if Donald would fit, say, an utterly beautiful swan or a horrendously vicious goose. Then again... the last Hydreigon I nicknamed is called Flauschig, which is...
  20. Gengarzilla

Anime & Manga General Discussion

At this point, I've lost the very last specks of interest in Journeys. My investment is gone. Mine pasture of fucks is barren. This damned series has been adamantly rubbing me the wrong way far too much in these last few months and I cannot see any further point in taking the time out of my...