• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Hidden Mew

What happened to Pokemon movies?

The backlash towards I Choose You not having Misty and Brock always felt overblown to me. I know fans wanted to see them in a new movie, but given that the movies largely focus on Ash, they'd just be in the background. Plus, they returned in SM, which actually allowed for the focus to be on...
  2. Hidden Mew

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

Honestly, I can see them going back to the old formula of Ash going through a region, battling Gym Leaders and competing in the League. While not likely, I don't think it would be hard to do. Despite getting to battle Champion level trainers at the end, the PWC has largely been unimpressive...
  3. Hidden Mew

Ash is way too iconic and recognizable for them to replace. They're about twenty years too late to make changing protagonists work with the Pokemon anime. I'm sure that they'll just find something for Ash to do ideally within the new region. A full on reboot wouldn't be impossible, but I'd be...
  4. Hidden Mew

The sheer number of Galar Pokemon who haven't appeared in the anime

It's kind of a shame that they didn't feature more Hisuian forms in the Legends Arceus special. Time travel isn't the only way for them to feature these forms. They could easily just discover them in a remote area of Sinnoh or make them extremely rare. The anime has featured fossil Pokemon...
  5. Hidden Mew

Would You Have Preferred Pokemon: Sword and Shield The Series Over Journeys?

As sad as it sounds, I'm kind of glad that they didn't force Hop into Journeys. I love Hop, but they could not do his storyline justice without the Galar Gym Challenge, Bede and his role in the Darkest Day arc. I do think Goh being the second hero alongside Ash works with how the anime adapted...
  6. Hidden Mew

So May is probably going to be the only female companion not to appear this series, and she hasn't appeared for 14 years since 2008

That isn't really a practice when there are other examples of voice actors being replaced without them dying or retires. Digimon Adventure Tri and the reboot series replaced all of the human voice actors. The Fruits Basket remake had a whole new cast and aside from Usagi, everyone in Sailor Moon...
  7. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

This thread is also about controversial opinions about the anime and manga, not the video games. Discussions on the video games should be taken to that respective section.
  8. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I can't really see any other series being capable of having a tournament of full battles for pretty much the same reason, so the issues people have with Journeys feel kind irrelevant to this issue.
  9. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Honestly, I think I'd be fine with three-on-three matches. I can understand the disappointment and frustration since going all out with a tournament full of Champions would be cooler, but I think that would just use up too much of their budget. Not to mention I don't think that they'd be willing...
  10. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Admittedly, I think using Ash's Champion status to make him jump through the ranks would be kind of annoying, mainly because I still don't think that winning the Alola League was that impressive, but it might have been worthwhile if it actually gave Ash more challenging opponents more...
  11. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

That is another aspect of the PWC that really doesn't work for me. Despite how it sounds like it would be a huge and difficult tournament, Ash has just been breezing right through it. Aside from losing to Bea and the brief losing streak he had afterwards, Ash really hasn't had much of any...
  12. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I don't think that Ash beating Iris devalues a Champion title. Putting aside how I feel about Iris becoming the Unova Champion aside for a moment, she would be the least experienced Champion, so Ash beating her with his current team wouldn't be a huge stretch, especially when I don't think that...
  13. Hidden Mew

What happened to Pokemon movies?

After they had to delay the release of Koko to December 2020 due to the pandemic, I assume that it affected the production or whatever plans they had for the next movie. I don't know if they would have had to scrap their plans for the next movie entirely or if it just prevented them from...
  14. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

For me, I just don't think winning one-on-one battles is particularly impressive. That's been one of my big problems with the PWC, especially for its first two classes. These battles can still be good, but when they're supposed to be matches to determine the top ranked trainer in the world...
  15. Hidden Mew

While that's true, I think having the Galar Gym Leaders in the PWC would have been preferable. I think that their appearances would be potentially more memorable as opponents for Ash. It also just seems like such a waste for Ash to not battle all of these new Gym Leaders, especially when a good...
  16. Hidden Mew

It really is baffling to me that they didn't have more Galar Gym Leaders in the PWC. You'd think that more than two Gym Leaders from Galar would be interested in battling Leon. I would have greatly preferred seeing Ash battling them as opposed to battling random one shot trainers both on and...
  17. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I'm not sure if that's part of the reason why they haven't done much with Galar. It's possible, especially when BD/SP and Legends Arceus would have more of a connection with each other as opposed to Sword/Shield, but they didn't even show much interest in making use of the DLC areas of Galar...
  18. Hidden Mew

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

As far as I know, Netflix isn't helping to fund the dub's production. I haven't heard anything like that and I'm not sure why TPCI would need extra funding to begin with. Netflix has used the Netflix Original branding for other shows that they don't own or put money into, particularly with other...
  19. Hidden Mew

I'm not sure where it says that he finished recording his lines for Alain. I realize that Google translate is far from accurate, but it doesn't mention anything about that. As a side note, I'd love to get that hoodie in blue.
  20. Hidden Mew

So May is probably going to be the only female companion not to appear this series, and she hasn't appeared for 14 years since 2008

We still have a few months left, so while not a guarantee by any means, it's still plausible for May to show up between now and November. Many people were certain that Serena wouldn't show up either. Obviously, this is a different situation due to May's voice actress, but people were arguing for...