• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

I agree. I'm a child of late-Cartoon Network Pokémon. I remember that I may have watched the last episode of DP (although that may have been a memory I made up as a young kid), and I loved Unova. I watched XYZ religiously, I remember watching his battle against Olympia and what happened after...
  2. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

Thank you so much for the clarification! Sorry @cricketlaxwolvesbandy for that! I agree with that too, BW and XY were my main childhood series and even I as a 10 year old was disappointed by the ending. I started rewatching XY during the summer (and haven't watched an episode in like 4 months...
  3. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

They say that their favorite series is XY, so I feel like they have some sort of valid reason? I have no idea--I didn't watch too much DP as a kid
  4. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

I feel like they may make things like Twilight Wings for this reason, to appeal to different fans? (to me, XYZ was a step in the right direction, so maybe they wanted to try a shonen kinda style for that arc??)
  5. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

But even though the base plot was the same the things occuring were different. It's like a baseball anime, you know the underdog high school is going to enter the Spring Koushien and the Summer Koushien, but different things will occur in how the games go, who they beat, any injuries/techniques...
  6. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

Sadly the writing didn't go to the idea's potential--the idea itself really isn't too bad (although I would have absolutely loved an arc (at least) focusing on the actual challenge in the games. It wouldn't have to be focusing on any of the established characters actually battling, but just...
  7. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

YES YOU'RE SO RIGHTTTTTT it would have been the perfect ending to the final chapter of the anime--where Ash gains lots of maturity and goes through some crazy , it just awwwwgh, it was the 100% perfect setup. Then Alola throws it all away...I still have a grudge against Alola lol
  8. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

It just didn't really interest me too much. I remember being really hyped for the format/general story but it was just kinda...ehhh...to me actually on-screen. To be fair what I want is very likely not what most viewers or TPC wants, so, yeah
  9. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

Both Amourshipping and Pokeshipping are good and valid ships (I've shipped both at different times, now I think both work well)
  10. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

wait, it's never been used in the anime?
  11. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

you gotta take it all if you wanna be a MASTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  12. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

it'sabrandnewgameandabrandnewworld
  13. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

The Sinnoh Pokémon Rap OP wasn't as bad as the internet (and you, maybe) thought. Everything from BW to XYZ was amazing (in both EN and JP), and yeah, better than this. (DP has my favorite Pokémon song ever, though, with Kaze no Message) But this still makes sense from Pokémon's rock roots (and...
  14. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

Mirai ties with Bouken for me. Bouken maybe a tad bit more, but Mirai is so cute~
  15. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

How is this controversial!?!? It's the second best Alolan openings, oh my gosh~ it's amazing~~
  16. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

The streak of "Alola killing the dub music" is still going on, with "The Journey Starts Today". Hell, I don't like 1・2・3 very much (it's pretty bad compared to the others), but it's leagues better than the dub ones. TL;DR I dislike both Journeys Openings. Pokemon Shiritori is the best in...
  17. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

Well yeah, now it's just on Netflix (after the failed Disney XD run for SM). I think it was on that in the 90s, then some sort of 4Kids spinoff channel? I have no idea if Kids' WB even exists now. Interesting that it's on cable in Canada still! Maybe use someone's Netflix acc and a VPN if you...
  18. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

Love this one too. It has a cool soulful, yet emo sound. You really were lucky at that. Although I do count myself lucky that it was still on Cartoon Network when I was littler. Nothing like waking up and then waiting for the next episode. And I had friends who watched it too (and loved Pokemon...
  19. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

Not gonna lie, it's not a bad dub OP. Follows the original relatively well. My big nostalgia OP has got to be "It's Always You and Me", the BW opening. I...I love BW so much. God, it makes me so nostalgic for my 5-7 year old self hanging out on saturdays before sports games, watching this and...
  20. takoyaki

Controversial opinions

I love Shoko Nakagawa, but the Type: Wild remix is not good at all, IMO. They should have stuck with the original instrumental and it would have been very good, even though Shokotan's voice is higher than Rica's.