• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

As much of a useless shouldermon as Grookey is, I can't bring myself to fully hate him since he saved Sobble from suffering a similar fate by taking his place One of them had to play the role of the cutesy unevolving shoulder warmer/lap warmer and Grookey took one for the Team. For that I have...
  2. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

But alas no matter how we all feel about the way the Galar Starters were handled, We can all agree this awful little shit is the WORST Gen 8 Pokemon in the entirety of the Anime There is no contest
  3. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

I legitimately think the reason why they shoved Drizzile to the side is because they thought it would have been too much of a repeat of Raboot personality wise and they didn't want to have Goh deal with that again I doubt it was because Drizzile wasn't marketable since we've had plenty of...
  4. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

Say what you will about Sun and Moon but I will NEVER forgive Journeys for getting rid of the Unique Evolution Animations!!! https://twitter.com/lindalejandrad1/status/1535553158054920193?t=5-fmAPeZuPKbmJK3dxu5OQ&s=19
  5. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

I would've been fine with either tbh This is the only Gen where I feel all 3 Starters could've been an Ash Pokemon and it could've worked no matter who he chose And Yeah the Grookey line deserved a lot better
  6. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

I still low-key believe that was the initial plan until they decided to make Lucario Ash's Starter equivalent Look at how little screentime Inteleon actually gets compared to Cinderace and Grookey. It appears about as often as Ash's Team does Also the fact that it evolved so fast due to an...
  7. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

I think when Goh found Drizzile in the cave he told him something along the lines of "You want to become an Inteleon right? We can work on it!" Renji also had a picture of Drizzile on the projector screen in the episode where Sobble met Inteleon but there was no attention brought to it (really...
  8. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

What makes it worse is that ALL of those one off characters could've easily been replaced with Galar characters Why couldn't Vizquez have been Milo? Why couldn't Rinto have been Hop? You're seriously gonna tell me HOP. Leon's little BROTHER had absolutely no interest in competing in the PWC...
  9. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

Here's a real Controversial Opinion I don't care about the Masters 8. I know Ash is going to beat whoever he goes up against. I know Ash isn't going to use reserves I know that these battles will be all bait and very little substance I know these battles will be incredibly underwhelming...
  10. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

I am STILL angry about how badly the Galar cast got shafted. . ts horrible how the anime would rather bring back old characters that we've seen already rather than the brand new and fresh ones Explore the new reigon and its characters? No! Lets go back to the reigons that already had their own...
  11. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

Ultimately it matters very little in the long run since we KNOW that Goh is not going to capture EVERY Pokemon so his Pokedex will never be completed. Also at this point, Evolutions aren't something that happens when they're earned. They're something that happens, as long as the Japanese...
  12. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

Except for the fact that with the exception of Cinderace and maybe Inteleon, none of Goh's Pokémon have been portrayed as particularly more powerful than they have any right to be And Even so, Cinderace and Inteleon would both get their asses curbstomped if they went up against literally any...
  13. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

The Sobble line got fucking robbed of being properly showcased in both the Anime and the Manga and it annoys me tbh Since Ash had Litten and Rowlet (Fire and Grass) in Gen 7 it only made sense for him to have the Water Starter of Gen 8 right? Nope Ash gets no starter this time. Same thing in...
  14. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

And you wanna know what's the saddest part? They still could've worked if all 3 of them still went to Goh. The fact that most of the problems with these 3 could've been fixed if they had just let these 3 interact... They should've let Drizzile walk alongside Goh and Grookey much like Raboot...
  15. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

Goh's Grookey is a complete fucking joke. An utter waste of space, potential, a Pokemon and everyone's fucking time Inteleon isn't bad by itself but he doesn't appear nearly as much as he should unless it's a Project Mew mission or a life threatening situation so we barely know fuck all about...
  16. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

Yeah but by comparison at least you can say positive things about Cinderace What good things can you actually say about: Grookey Inteleon Eevee Yamper or Goh's Laboratory Fodder?
  17. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

Okay but the way this post absolutely spills and I completely agree! https://twitter.com/rajawtheflatass/status/1516109011111882756?t=HNe4XdDy5lcKT3KICJX2Ew&s=19 The way we could've had more of: Cinderace Inteleon Scizor Raichu Yamper But They way they all got shafted for FUXKING...
  18. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

I think, there's a line between Popular Pokemon and a Shillmon Dragapult for example is a popular Pokemon but TPC does absolutely zero pushing for it lol A Shillmon is something that TPC tries their damnest to push even before they know whether it'll become popular or not (but they usually do)...
  19. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

I really don't understand why people get so angry at the term "Shillmon"? It's just a term for a Pokemon that the Pokemon Company clearly favors and gives more attention towards than the rest. If someone calls Charizard, Lucario, or Greninja "Shillmons" it's not like they're using the term as...
  20. Rainbow-Rain

Controversial opinions

There is also one very important thing that people tend to forget about: Considering that Gloria is an MC in the games, It is a 100% guarantee that she would've gotten a Galar Starter May, Dawn, and Serena all got Starters of their corresponding regions (Even Marina/Kris and Lyra got Starters)...