• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Alola

Controversial opinions

Barry Vs. Paul was unceremonious and disingenuous to Barry. I understand him losing, but he should have been able to put up a better fight than that. The inclusion of Hitmonlee and Skarmory was incredibly random and unnecessary, especially as the writers were doing well with keeping Barry's...
  2. Alola

Controversial opinions

Sigh. Like how we lost XY's lack of blur and stock backgrounds for moves and battles. I really wish that was a staple going forward; certainly helped with the immersion, with a good example being Viola's greenhouse during her Gym Battles.
  3. Alola

Controversial opinions

I do think there may be a certain amount of cost-savings by having Paul use three of the Pokémon that will be featured in the next several episodes; his Gyarados' Ice Fang was near verbatim animated like Lance's, down to the spinning-rapidly-around-the-foe motions. I don't have any big issues...
  4. Alola

Controversial opinions

Juan will always stand out to me as the Gym Leader who infamously chose to enjoy his harem of Gym Trainers inside closed doors while his city and its people were under catastrophic attack by two ancient eldritch beings; didn't lift a finger or even utter a "thank you." What the anime did with...
  5. Alola

Controversial opinions

After today's episode, I still fail to see how any of these tasks Go has been assigned to do are relevant to catching a Mew. Between the PWC and Project Mew, I don't know which anime-only creation was worse in execution. The writer's need to go back to the blueprint that is the console games.
  6. Alola

Controversial opinions

It’s a real shame we’ve had no female Pokémon League winners. Virgil, Tyson, Harrison, the guy from Kanto, and Tobias could have easily been girls or women and achieved the same thing, albeit with a better count of representation.
  7. Alola

Controversial opinions

Take heart in the fact that a Leafeon got to considerably star in arguably the best Pokémon Contest Battle in the series, as of now.
  8. Alola

Controversial opinions

If I were Kaori and my illness has completely stopped me from voice acting - as in there is just no possible way for me to record lines and all of this time has passed, I would reach out to whomever about giving my blessing to another VA to take my place. I still can't get over the very real...
  9. Alola

Controversial opinions

I don't know about everyone else, but I hated how Lana got her Z-Crystal through her Trial. The anime has a lot of undeserved moments, but this one was quite cheap. Wishiwashi was one of the more hyped Alolan Pokémon when it was introduced, with an impressive lore and creative biological...
  10. Alola

Controversial opinions

I still don't get why Aria's performance wasn't animated. What a total waste of an opportunity. If they wanted to focus on Serena's development and self-reflection during that time, they still could have done that and show exactly why Aria is better than Serena at Performing; after Serena flew...
  11. Alola

Controversial opinions

The only thing I can think of…is that maybe Go will end up traveling or researching with them when Journeys is over. Aside from that, no - they’re pretty forgettable; their possession of Urshifu falls flat for me too since the anime completely skipped over the Kubfu arc from the games. Makes you...
  12. Alola

Controversial opinions

I hope Ash doesn't defeat everyone until Leon. He's a good Trainer but so are the others in the remnants of the PWC - he's going up against the reportedly strongest Trainers in the world at this point. I also think making all his big battles be foregone conclusions/victories would dampen the...
  13. Alola

Controversial opinions

I think Excadrill should have been switched with a Druddigon (why was she given that anyway; Excadrill hadn't even been established yet as a fan favorite competitive monster in VGC), but kept the same plotline with the 99 victories, being ashamed/embarrassed to battle Iris, learning Focus Blast...
  14. Alola

Controversial opinions

Actually, this would apply for May and Dawn too, given how they both have less Pokémon, screen time, and battles than Misty. So, then in principle, what you're saying is that any screen time a female traveling companion gets shouldn't be acknowledged or doesn't make a difference, for good or...
  15. Alola

Controversial opinions

I think Iris still holds the spot for being the most disliked female party member rather than, say May; she used to be the most in general, but I have to distinguish sexes now that Go is thing and has usurped the role from Iris. Unlike what happened with Misty and May, Iris came right off the...
  16. Alola

Controversial opinions

How so? Now we know that any past traveling companion has the chance to reappear for an episode or seven. While back then there was no expectation that Misty or Brock would return, especially given that the first several Hoenn episodes did not feature Brock. Provided one does not know about the...
  17. Alola

Controversial opinions

Ash, May, and Wally (and...I guess Max; maybe) would have been a fun group to follow now that I think about it. I know the studious side of his was more pronounced in the remakes, but he could have served as that aspect of the role Brock had.
  18. Alola

Controversial opinions

Ash and Pikachu are eternal, for as long as the anime airs. That’s one of the few things of the anime that’ll never change amid the things that do.
  19. Alola

Controversial opinions

I was always under the impression that it took two separate Thunderbolts given that Pikachu and Charizard are animated differently in both executions of the move, as well as there being a notable pause between the Pokémon and their Trainers after the first one. Which made Alain's Charizard even...
  20. Alola

Controversial opinions

Admittedly, it is getting a bit confusing as you shift the focus on your argument; first it was Journeys Ash & his team being the strongest in the series so far, then his DP team not having diverse and powerful moves when they did, and now it is an expression of dissatisfaction with elements of...