• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Yeah, but remember that those two Pokemon had loopholes to Bonnie having them: Dedenne technically belongs to her brother, while Squishy was both never officially caught, and is currently back in the wild doing its job as a protector.
  2. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I personally don't really care anywhere near enough about Grookey or Morpeko to pick who is the worst between them, but I will say this: Morpeko at least doesn't evolve, meaning it had little option besides being cutesy non-battling comic relief, and tbh I think that if those kinds of Pokemon...
  3. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I know this is pedantic, but I'm not sure Shiinotic should actually count as a proper example of a straightforwardly cutesy and harmless Pokemon, because according to Pokedex lore in the games it leads people astray with its lights (to the point that forests where Shiinotic are known to live are...
  4. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Yeah, Pikachu and Meowth are a (much) less mean-spirited version of Tom and Jerry that way: Jerry may not be more physically powerful than Tom, but he's still the one that holds the upper hand most of the time, and the two have formed alliances quite often.
  5. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

This, and the hero's signature Pokemon is a mouse. It just makes perfect sense for one of the main villains to be one of Pikachu's natural predators. Though granted, this is also something that stems from real-life animal stereotypes, namely the "(cute) prey animals good, predator animals evil"...
  6. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

One thing I think it's worth noting is that despite the whole "no Pokemon is truly evil" deal, the anime still has some noticeable biases when it comes to depicting certain species which actually often mirrors how certain animals are more prone to being villainized than others: stereotypically...
  7. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

To be fair to Sceptile, he was pretty shocked by the order and even hesitated before ultimately complying. One also needs to take into account that Arbok and Weezing had been with Jessie and James for years and thus already knew what they were like. By contrast, Ash was being possesed, and...
  8. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

No, in that same clip you can actually see Ash's Rockruff's evolution too and it's animated the same way with the body parts visibly morphing and the Pokemon not turning into a silhouette of light.
  9. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I feel like it might be for the same reason that moves like Iron Tail, Metal Claw, and Iron Head were only made to look like actual steel for exactly one series before being changed back to the standard "glow white": budget.
  10. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Yeah, that's why I listed the Kanto starters as the sole exception to the rule. Popplio's development might have been weak, but considering the fact that it was a companion's Pokemon, it got it pretty darn good. Certainly worlds better than Brock's Marshtomp and even Clemont's Chespin.
  11. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Yeah, I do agree that all the Galar Starters would've fit Ash, but tbh I don't think that givng Ash more than one would've been a good idea due to how every single time that's happened (aside from Kanto/OI) there's always at least one Starter that gets shafted hard, and I don't think I want to...
  12. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I feel like the main reason Inteleon wasn't given to Ash is because it's color scheme is too similar to Lucario's and the writers wanted the Journeys mons to stand out from each other visually as much as possible. The fact that Inteleon is a Water-type starter also makes me feel like the writers...
  13. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

While I personally don't mind that Ash caught a Dracovish, since it's a genuinely unique catch, it is pretty bothersome that it's very first battle had it defeating a Champion's Pokemon. Sure, the implication here is that Ash has given it training offscreen, but... that's been the biggest issue...
  14. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Six, actually. But yeah, it'd be interesting. Thing is, Gardenia's chances of appearing in the anime again are very miniscule, so I don't think we'll see that dichotomy explored here. The games are another story, though.
  15. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

That reminds me, the fact that Misty appeared in Alola makes it kind of a big shame that she didn't catch one of the two Water/Bug-types introduced that very generation: her phobia of bugs clashing with her love of Water-types could've made for an interesting story, and maybe Dewpider or Wimpod...
  16. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

It honestly surprises me that we haven't actually properly tackled the premise of a Pokemon with a branched evolution ending up as something other than what it wanted to become despite the huge story potential it could bring. It has been used, but only in single episodes, most notably in a Johto...
  17. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Man, if only my boy Jolteon could get a moment as awesome as this. Instead what it gets is this disrespectful garbage...
  18. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

Speaking as someone who loves the Eevee family and would actually be unironically happy to see them in the teams of one of the strongest trainers in the world, Virgil definitely wouldn't have been present in the Masters 8 at all, since it was made abundantly clear that his reasons for...
  19. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

This thread is for controversial opinions related to the anime, though. The thread you're looking for is this one.
  20. Ghost Diplocaulus

Controversial opinions

I know this is a HUGE tangent, but this does remind me of how I once came up with an idea to revamp the games' Natures, EVs, and IVs system. Firstly was of course getting rid of IVs entirely and making EVs fully customizeable (kinda like what the Grit Dust does in Legends Arceus) instead of...