• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I don't really see how it makes Goh boring or one dimensional. I could understand if you just think he's less compelling because his goal is boring, unrealistic for the anime or poorly handled in general, but Goh never came off as boring or one dimensional to me. It also isn't a requirement to...
  2. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Unless things have changed for the Japanese version, they still open up with how Goh's goal is to capture one of every Pokemon, including Mew. I see it less like they realized his original goal wasn't going to work for the anime, but rather that they found a new approach to his goal if that...
  3. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I guess they could have Norman catch Ralts for Max, but I'd be surprised if they'd go that far for Max. I wouldn't be against seeing him come back, but I wouldn't be excited for it either, aside from possibly getting another cameo or mention of May. I always thought that the rule of trainers...
  4. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Morpeko is a weird case to me. I kind of liked its capture episode, mainly because of how it showed how caring James can be, but at the same time, James suddenly caring about Morpeko like that felt a bit too sudden, especially when I think the previous episode ended with Morpeko eating their...
  5. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Grookey really doesn't come off as that annoying to me, so maybe that's why the lack of consequences for their behavior doesn't really upset me either.
  6. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Honestly, so far, I don't find Grookey to be that bad or annoying. It's still rather cute and the only time so far that it did bother me was when it was too busy eating when Team Rocket tried to steal it and Pikachu during the second Alola episode. Even the fact that it seemingly does nothing is...
  7. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I'm not really too bothered by that. I've honestly forgot that Chloe's little brother even exists way before Eevee came into the picture, but she did have some nice moments with both of her parents. The flashback of Professor Cerise encouraging his wife when they were kids was also quite sweet...
  8. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I don't know how popular Max is among the Japanese fans, but since he was so closely associated with May, there wouldn't be much of a point to bring him back if they couldn't have May with him. It would be like bringing Bonnie back without Clemont, even though she seems to be much more well...
  9. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

They probably don't want Ash's Pokemon to evolve off-screen. It wouldn't be as satisfying for the audience and they probably want them to be more recognizable to long time fans for the nostalgia factor too.
  10. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I think that the last time we saw any Pokemon that weren't Ash's was back in AG. Bulbasaur came back for an episode after May caught her own, but had to go back to Professor Oak's Lab at the end to stop the wild Pokemon from fighting with each other. Those were still wild Pokemon and I don't...
  11. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Just because Ash seemingly isn't visiting his older Pokemon more often doesn't mean that they don't get attention. They're still being cared for by Professor Oak, or Professor Kukui for his SM team. And if the Johto and Sinnoh Leagues were any indication, they are still training off screen to...
  12. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Given what I've heard about the latter matches, I'm not surprised. Ash vs. Volkner was one of the more hyped matches that I can recall too.
  13. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Being left alone for years, waiting for its trainer to come back, only to find out that its original trainer actually abandoned it because he blamed Gengar for giving him bad luck sounds traumatizing to me. It wasn't physical abuse, but emotional abuse and trauma definitely happened too...
  14. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

We could count Dracovish too since it is a single stage Pokemon and basically had the same problems of getting fully evolved Pokemon as well. I don't know if they would have been handled that much better as a Dratini or Gastly, mainly because of the screentime issue for Pokemon as a whole in...
  15. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Oh I agree that they could more to develop them. I just think that making his team fully evolved so quickly limits more of what they can do with them. Given the screentime issue for Pokemon and Journeys being too fast paced for its own good, I'm not surprised that they didn't want to stretch out...
  16. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

The fact that Sirfetch'd and Dracovish aren't late series captures is a pretty big difference though. They could have easily done more with Dracovish given that it was captured relatively early in the series, at least for a sixth Pokemon. Even having two major battles under its belt feels pretty...
  17. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

That's a big reason why the lack of reserves doesn't bother me. Since he's only battling three opponents and his Journeys team has still gotten minimal screentime compared to most of Ash's other teams, I think throwing in reserves would just make it more of a mess. Granted, the fact that I...
  18. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

The promotion of Piplup and Croagunk for that episode would understandably make people think of Dawn and Brock more so than the D/P games. Yeah, it was way too soon to bring back older characters, but then why bother creating unique promotional artwork for the episode if it wasn't going to be...
  19. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

To be fair, I don't think that was really the fault of Journeys. Wanting Ash to get a rematch with Alain was a perfectly reasonable assumption/hope from the fans. It would have been an easy way to create hype for the Master Class too, especially when they know how infamous the Kalos League...
  20. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Oh that makes sense. There was quite a bit of hype for those early episodes due to the official art they made for them. That kind of promotion probably ties in with some of the misleading promotion throughout Journeys too. Sobble is the more infamous one, but I remember people being upset when...