• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

As much as I like Iris as a character, there’s no way I can see her defeating Cynthia. Lance and Diantha, yes, but I can see Cynthia beating Iris.
  2. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

I want to talk about Misty and Iris, but that subject has been completely overdone in this forum. Let me just say that I’ve never seen fans wish death on Ash for being a brat like how they have done to Misty and Iris and I’ll leave it at that. Plus I don’t want this thread being locked again...
  3. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

I forgot to mention that I always found it annoying how fans are okay with Ash having flaws as a character, but Arceus forbid any of his female companions have flaws.
  4. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

That and the fact that AG Ash acted calm when May was being a brat and being too carried away in one episode. He was nice when he advised May about how people can get carried away.
  5. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

That’s understandable. I don’t understand why fans are so fixated on Ash when he’s bratty. In fact that is when I find Ash annoying. I do agree that BW Ash is the worst when it comes to inconsistency and bad writing, but BW Ash trumps AG & OS Ash personality wise at least.
  6. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

Care to explain why BW Ash was worse?
  7. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

BW Ash isn’t the worst version of Ash’s character...AG Ash is. In Advanced, Ash was acting more arrogant than he usually is. Sure you may say OG Ash did the same thing, but OG Ash was a rookie trainer who had to deal with being belittled by almost everyone he came across (even Misty and Brock...
  8. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

You basically summed up the issues I had with Goh’s character. Goh reminds me of Alain...both Gary Stu-ish. I’m also an African woman of color too, so I don’t dislike him because of his race.
  9. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

Here’s an opinion: While Misty was right that Ash didn’t take the time to prepare for the Indigo league (and it was partially Ash’s own fault that he lost), Ash wasn’t in the wrong for being upset that he lost. Misty wasn’t being too considerate of Ash’s feelings because she was trying for...
  10. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

That’s the whole point of Hunter J’s character, though. That’s not really a controversial opinion. She’s on TV Tropes Complete Monster list for this reason.
  11. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

Psyduck irritated me, but Misty abused the shit out of that poor thing. IDK why Psyduck never ran away from her.
  12. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

I said he didn’t have as much :-/
  13. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

I’ve criticized Goh a lot recently, but it didn’t bother me when he became interested in battling. This is why I didn’t have an issue with him winning a Hitmonchan at the Dojo (unfortunately Ash lost to Bea). At the same time, I’m disappointed that Ash didn’t get to choose between having a...
  14. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

You know for all the hate that Best Wishes gets, you gotta admit that the arc has a LOT of funny moments. To me, it's much better than the other arcs when it comes to comedy.
  15. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

I wish they just had Ash challenge all 8 gym leaders in Galar since he became the Alola champion after all.
  16. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

Edit
  17. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

True, but those weren’t Team Rocket’s Pokémon that Ash battled & defeated. They were Giovanni’s. The fact that Team Rocket used Giovanni’s Pokémon all at once against Ash, to me, made Ash’s challenge against them much more difficult that it usually is. They used all those tactics to ensure Ash...
  18. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

Not sure if this is controversal since Ash's pity badges have been discussed ample times, but... Why do fans of the show try to say that Ash's badge from the 8th gym is a pity badge?? He defeated Team Rocket fair and square and they refused to give him the badge. Isn't it against the rules to...
  19. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

Not to be rude, but why should Brock care? Brock's dad was the one who disregarded his family's feelings and well-being when he made that decision to abandon them for a lame reason (him failing his dream to be a good trainer). It's the responsibility of the parent to mend whatever broken...
  20. LovelyChika123

Controversial opinions

Why do you think that? If anything, Brock’s dad was the jerk for abandoning his family.