• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I mean in the flashback scene he basically said he was tired of Kukui appreciating Alola's nature and something along these lines, and that's how he became a villain. That's just a very poor execution of making a villain, in my opinion.
  2. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I like Tracey more than Brock. BW series is better than the Johto saga.
  3. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I genuinely never understand how people could come to a definite conclusion in a hypothetical scenario of Ash battling Red. I mean, there is no specific pattern in the anime in the first place. Ash most of the time just... randomly wins or loses. Before it took place, who would say Ash loses to...
  4. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I was really sad to not see May during the ORAS promotion in the anime. She is not necessarily among my favorite characters, but I sure do like her and seeing old companions return always makes my heart melt down. Since the beginning of the JN series, I was lowkey hoping her VA could make a way...
  5. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

Replacing Brock is one of the best decisions to be made in the anime history. I cannot truly imagine myself bearing with Brock's crush gag for another decade and half.
  6. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

And interestingly enough, the writers have taken the Ghost type's immunity in consideration when they wrote Ash's gym battle to Morty in mid Johto, and went accordingly, given that Noctowl used Foresight before attacking them with Normal type moves. The inconsistency of the Ghost type's immunity...
  7. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I loved Team Rocket's snarky Rotom Phone. More than the TRio themselves, I am sad that we are not seeing their Rotom Phone with its sarcastic commentaries.
  8. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

The anime itself made a reference to this matter, actually, when Ash and co. met Skyla in Mistralton City and dismissed Skyla's simple logic of assuming the winner of each match-up solely depends on type advantages of the offered Pokémon, while Ash and Cilan tried to prove otherwise as soon as...
  9. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I don't agree that Tracey did nothing during his time in the anime. It should be noted that he was around for about 30 episodes of the entire anime only, and it was the time Ash had a quite fast progressive quest to accomplish for the Orange League, so it made Tracey, as well as Misty, fade in...
  10. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I might have said it somewhere on the forums before, but Orange islands saga is my favorite era of the anime. The writing was just on point. There is no single episode that I dislike in that arc.
  11. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

Personality-wise, Totodile fits Brock more than Ash.
  12. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

Goh's Pokémon evolving doesn't really "benefit" Goh in ways that some of y'all make it out to be, in my opinion. Evolution doesn't mean much to Goh since he is not even a battler. The writers just make plots revolving around Pokémon evolutions these days rather than going for longer arcs for the...
  13. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I was actually interested in Team Rocket during early BW when they got more involved with Giovanni's plans instead of blasting off at the end of every episode. I've got to admit though, the execution was not handled well, possibly due to cancelled Plasma arc.
  14. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I am a sucker for hand-colored cel animation, so there is no way I'd agree with that. I always feel like 90s and early 2000s animé look way more aesthetic than what's being done today, although I see why the new productions would go with digital colorization for the purpose of budget and time...
  15. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

Pokémon World > Pokémon theme
  16. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

Snivy should have been treated as Ash's ace in Unova. *shrugs*
  17. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I love the Orange Islands arc quite very much. When I decided to watch the entire series from EP001, the OI part was a huge blast to me. I enjoyed every bit of episode to the fullest.
  18. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

Pikachu's loss to Trip's Snivy is kind of harshly criticized by the fans. Since Pikachu lost its electrical abilities, he wasn't the real himself during the battle. Yeah yeah, he competed in Sinnoh league and defeated legendaries in the past and he still had normal-type moves, but imagine, while...
  19. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

I loved how the animation had Pikachu's tail steel-ish looking during the run of BW series when it pulled off Iron Tail. It was more characteristic than just having the tail glow. I wish the animators kept that going on afterwards.
  20. Rockapheller

Controversial opinions

Serena actually has a very decent character development throughout her journey, but it is sadly overshadowed by the controversy surrounding XY series and, obviously, the crush part, which I don't think should be taken badly. Also for her character development, the crush part was essential...