• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I somewhat disagree with the above said. The first big difference I see is that, usually, in Pokémon Championships, there are a bunch of random and non-relevant people that the characters will battle against. Afterwards, in most leagues, there was no certainty how far Ash and his opponents...
  2. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I imagine you are totally wrong. First, Dawn wasn't the only one to appear in BW, since she was accompanied by Cynthia, which makes sense since, according to the games, the champion spends her vacation in the region. In addition, when talking to Cilan, Dawn mentions Brock and explains his...
  3. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Maybe, but you can't say she was a major rival, right? Unless I'm mistaken she appears in only three or four episodes, and the only fight between her and Ash, as far as I can remember, is the one that Ash's Charizard disdains her Chicorita. Cassey was a great character, though. Honestly, we need...
  4. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

- Not much, since I haven't seen most of BW. Yet, apparently, she met the same end. That is, she did not prove to be a pivotal rival until the end of the saga.
  5. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

- Real shame, not to mention that only in Journeys Ash had a major female rival, which, unfortunately, was overcome/discarded long before the end of the season.
  6. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Iris' main goal is to defeat Lance, that is, to become the greatest Dragon-type trainer. So it doesn't matter for Iris to fight or defeat the other Master Class members, even though they may have Dragon-type Pokémon on their team.
  7. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Three days ago, Masaaki Iwane shared a sketch of May and another of Max on his twitter account. Not that it means anything, as the artist often posts a plethora of Pokémon-related art. However,I believe this shows that the producers are aware that May and Max are one of the few protagonists who...
  8. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Well, reading this discussion about Pikachu and Piplup, I came to realize something that, in a way, I already knew (look at me stating my ideas as if they were facts lol). The quite controversial, who knows, idea is that........ the characters Dawn and Piplup and are completely inspired by Ash...
  9. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Not true. The first was a Kingdra in FRLG (Rematch), the second was a Garchomp in HGSS (Rematch), then a Hydreigon, a Haxorus and a Flygon in BW2 at the Champions Tournament (Occasion in which his entire team is made of dragons). And finally, besides Seadra, he has a Mega-Charizard X (and not...
  10. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

- I remember being one of the people who disliked May at first, although I didn't pour out gratuitous hatred against the character. - When Pokémon Advanced started airing on Open TV in Brazil, I remember asking where is Misty? And why did this girl replace her? I was so uncomfortable with the...
  11. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

- I don't think that May is among the female protagonists that people dislike the most, on the contrary, I believe that she may be the ones that people dislike the least. - The most disliked Pokégirls are probably the most controversial, with lots of fans and detractors, like Iris and Serena...
  12. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

- This is a farfetched assumption. While, apparently, Ash was taken by surprise, there is no evidence that he returned the kiss or not. What we do know is that, despite a little embarrassment, Ash was receptive to the kiss. - While the kiss itself was offscreen, the entire context surrounding...
  13. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

- I agree with you, Ash almost always visually looked like a teenager (12-16), not a child. Although if we consider the character's apparent "diminution" since XY, it's quite possible that in the next generation Ash will actually look like a little kid.
  14. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I believe that this 'friendly reminder' should be added to the topic title, because people are often inattentive and, when looking at "what's new", we end up not paying attention to the section the topic is inserted in.
  15. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I'm pretty sure they brought Charizard back to try save the show, given that BW was such a flop. The main story of the season had already ended, the anime was at that time of several fillers episodes to fill the gap until the next season. So, in order to get the fans' attention, they brought...
  16. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Yes, who knew that greninja would become an HM slave? lol
  17. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

Well, I agree with the last part, that is, that Leon plays a role similar to what Alain played, although I believe it is not the same role. And while I also understand the apprehension and fear of others, I think Ash can win without having to bring back Greninja or make this Pokémon look weak...
  18. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

You're completely right, but there's still room for Alain to make a reappearance at the Pokémon World Championships. Indeed, he is the rival that makes the most sense to reappear, given the fact that Ash never beat him and the bitter feeling that the League of Kalos final left in fans' minds...
  19. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I have expressed a similar thought, but, at the time, few agree. The way the anime was constructed, it always seemed to me that, in the end, Ash/Ash-Greninja would defeat Alan's Charizard. That is, defeating this Pokémon seemed to be a necessary breakthrough for the protanists to reach their...
  20. FelipePR

Controversial opinions

I can't agree with the first part, although I do agree that Journeys messed up with Dawn's character in Darkrai and Cresselia arc,. Well I believe I signed a similar impression when I watched the Darkrai and Cresselia arc, The producers apparently want to highlight features in Dawn that...