• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

Sobble honestly had some of the worst development for any starter. The whole concept of him being upset that he didn't instantly evolve into Inteleon was interesting, but they handled it poorly. They didn't show us Drizzile coming to terms that he still had to grow and if he kept trying, someday...
  2. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

Ahh, yes. Sejun Park's Pachirisu. He actually beat BDSP with just 6 Pachirisu and he had to get through Champion Cynthia to do that. But yeah, Pachirisu is not that intimidating but proved the world wrong.
  3. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

Regarding training, while I REALLY wish we could see it on screen, JN114 showed us that it is happening. I can understand why we don't see it though because his reserves aren't the focus of the series. But you can tell its happening. You mentioned Infernape, but in JN114, I did notice other...
  4. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

Alain being in the Masters 8 itself can be an example, considering they made fans think Ash was gonna get a chance to face him and FINALLY defeat him, but nope! Then there was JN008, making some think Dawn and Brock would return then. We still got them much later down the line, but it still did...
  5. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

I don't know if we can say that for the Kanto starters, but when it comes to Johto, Totodile certainly got the short end. Torterra certainly got it bad after first evolving, then Snivy and Oshawott were handled poorly through Unova. Then you have Popplio's weak development in Alola. I still...
  6. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

Inteleon's story fits a lot better with Ash also than Goh.
  7. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

They should have just given him Sobble instead of Dracovish...Like they led us to believe.
  8. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

It doesn't personally bother me that Iris became the Unova Champion, mainly because it did happen in the games, but I do understand the complaint though because of the lack of build up to it in the anime. Its been 7 years or so since we last saw her since her return, though we never got an...
  9. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

True. The only chance she has is to be a surprise cameo in the stands for the Masters 8, but even then her chances are pretty low compared to characters like Serena or Cilan.
  10. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

The thing I hate the most is not just that it went out of its way to make Ash look bad while making Goh look amazing, but this episode showed a key issue with Goh. His growth has never felt believable. He never does any training with his Pokemon and he's been in like 2 battles before this...
  11. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

The problem is they force him into this losing streak and they never bother to show him training to overcome it AND bouncing back. It was all done off screen. I still think that was one of Journeys worst episodes.
  12. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

On average, it seems 2-3 full battles are the standard for series for the most part, though BW and SM are the exception, with both only truly having one full battle...Well, technically BW only had 6 v. 5....
  13. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

It is kinda disappointing how the PWC didn't really have many notable opponents until the ultra class. Before that point, Ash was facing off against one off characters with little significance or time even dedicated to their battles. While he faced Korrina in the normal class, as well as Iris...
  14. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

Doesn't that article not say anything about Ash fighting Lance?
  15. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

An aspiring professor would be fine, but his goal of catching Mew still could have worked if they only focused on Project Mew and not catching everything that breathes. Before Goh came along, trainers didn't need to catch Pokemon to get the dex entry. They could simply scan them for info. It was...
  16. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

Yeah, I agree. The writers decision to force Greninja to lose to one of the most broken Charizards the anime has ever shown was one of the absolute worst decisions they ever made. It made no sense. Greninja was robbed there. This one loss doesn't devalue all the hard work he did through the...
  17. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

It reminds me of Guzma. I think he does something similar in the manga when he loses. Its surprising to see it coming from Raihan though.
  18. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

I still feel like everything about this was a huge lost opportunity. Snivy was very stagnant in BW and could have used some development. They had it right there laid out, but they chose to ignore it instead of developing Snivy further.
  19. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

I personally don't like how people compare Red to Ash to simply say Ash is a bad trainer. I just don't get the worship. Red is constantly over-glorified. He's not even that interesting of a character in most media. I think the manga fixes that, but outside of that, Red is very bland in most cases.
  20. A Wild Luxray

Controversial opinions

I still think it really feels wrong for Ash to not have a starter. Part of why I think it was a bad idea to give all three to Goh is that he's not a character who's placed in a position where he regularly uses them in interesting ways that showcase their abilities enough. I agree with you that...