• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

I really liked Charjabug's evolution animation the way it burst out of its shell and becomes Vikavolt. I agree they really should bring back those unique evolutions.
  2. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

I'm remembering a younger Iris meeting and healing an injured Druddigon in a flashback of BW136 so they probably could've gave her that Druddigon.
  3. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

I haven't rewatched too much XY/Z in a looong time, so someone else out there for sure can give a better answer than me, but if I were to give my two cents I'd consider Clemont a relatively static character who was still very much fun and enjoyable enough for his fans without needing nearly the...
  4. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Initially I posted a few youtube examples of good western animated series, but I deleted it because it was irrelevant. Instead I'm just going to say in the most polite and calm way possible that it's okay for people to like animation from the west, east or both. @Enzo was just trying to make a...
  5. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Oh man, I love that track! It suits the character so well.
  6. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Here's one: I don't care who gets Grookey because the Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread ruined my need to care. In fact I don't think I care anymore who catches what (except maybe the Pontya if Koharu meets it again, but whatever). Lets be real for a second, regardless of who gets what...
  7. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

This is a super late response, and I do want to say that I understand what you're saying, and I definitely do not want people to think I'm saying people can't have criticisms. There are definitely valid criticisms that people can make about Ash or the writing around him. I'm just annoyed solely...
  8. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

So I was rewatching reviews on Youtube and, I realized I like the core anime more than Origins... I know this has been talked about before and I shouldn't even care since not every fan of Red or Pokemon Origins fits into this category, but it often times seems like people use both as an excuse...
  9. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Okay, please no one hate me, but upon further examination, I come to the realization that: 1. I actually do like Hoopa and the Clash of Ages, while I'm not sure it would make it's way into my top 5 favorite Pokemon movies, I have to admit to finding many scenes actually entertaining. Of course...
  10. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

It would have been cool to see more of Ash vs. Astrid too.
  11. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

This current series is reminding me why I personally liked that they had less COTD in Sun & Moon and more reoccurring ones. I liked the ones in today's episode and would not mind seeing them again. Also since I'm under the assumption we'll never see him again, I wish that Houji character from...
  12. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Pokemon in Space, make it happen GF. :wynaut:
  13. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Please forgive me for letting my anger get the best of me here, but I can hold it no longer. God nobody's ever gonna let that ****ing Snivy battle go are they? It gets so tiresome hearing about it. Ash loses once to a new trainer that got lucky thanks to Pikachu's lightning giving out because...
  14. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Well as long as Paul is the subject... Quick question for anyone who cares, why did the dub change this line? English version: "I just don't like him."
  15. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

This is something that's been kind of bugging me since I rewatched the episode. In EP173 Wobbu-Palooza! the TRio are apparently in the wrong for fighting back against a bunch of low life thugs because apparently according to the Officer Jenny in that episode it's wrong to battle during the...
  16. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

I sometimes wonder what happens to most trainers with the luck Ash and his friends normally have. I mean, I'm not trying to assume the worst or anything, but what if a lone trainer and/or their Pokemon got injured badly and there wasn't a Pokemon center or even a human hospital nearby, and they...
  17. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

I have to admit to still having a soft spot for some of Kanto's slapstick, but I guess if there is something I would have added to it and Johto too would be more of Ash and Gary's rivalry and backstory (which I'm pretty sure we didn't know even existed until Johto). I don't know if the...
  18. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Honestly there are a lot of character backstories I wish we could see. I think we know more about Jessie, James, and Meowth than we do most other characters.
  19. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Okay, this is my own bias talking cause I used to watch WWE back in the day, but I think the Masked Royal/Battle Royal episodes are the best of SM by far. They play up the pro-wrestling tropes so well it makes me laugh every time at how legit it is. Kukui as the Masked Royal and the Revengers...
  20. TheGoldenDuck

Controversial opinions

Just wanted to get these last feelings about Misty's star duo out. This is probably common knowledge by this point but...Staryu's moves (6 total) and Starmie's moves (just Water Gun and Tackle). It's pre-evolution knows four more moves than its evolved form. They could've at least gave it a...