• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. W

Controversial opinions

think the fans put too much stock on speculation and coincidence as try to use it as "forshadowing" then get unnecessarily mad at the writers for not delivering something that was never promise I also think people rely too much on hindsight to critique those who assumed something was gonna...
  2. W

Controversial opinions

I just felt it was clear from the start that project mew was something they made up down the line. Considering goh captures significantly decreased over time. His original goal just wasn't gonna work for the anime 'Ive been meaning to say this. Feel like the contrast between ash and goh...
  3. W

Controversial opinions

I genuinely forget morpeko's existence
  4. W

Controversial opinions

This issue with grookey is that he is annoying and does absolutely nothing. Usually the cute marketable starter would be one or the other. They would still be competent and aren't there just for comedic relief And like I said. The thing with annoying character is that it's important that they...
  5. W

Controversial opinions

That's why I wish they played up the tsundere personality type in the Cinderace episode. But they dropped that real quick
  6. W

Controversial opinions

Definitely not controversial. I think everyone can agree sobble had one of the worst evolution arcs ever. Like what were they genuinely thinking? It's even more odd because it kinda doesn't make sense. Did no one think to tell sobble it has one more evolution to go? Did it think it would be...
  7. W

Controversial opinions

That reminds me. It sucks that Chloe family and their dynamic was basically gone the moment evee came. The goh protecting drizzle was sweet, but my problem is that it feels like a cop out way to rush through a relationship conflict. I'm not saying this as a goh issue but a series issue. It...
  8. W

Controversial opinions

Not sure what your trying to say here
  9. W

Controversial opinions

It also require the characters to be nuanced as well. I just can't see ash or the companion being effective characters for this kind of plot. They aren't the most complex or barely flawed, and just too nice. This is why the villains we have aren't really nuance and one note bad guys You have...
  10. W

Controversial opinions

Meh raihan was decent, but the last fight with Lucario was just bad imo. I can't comment on marnie didn't watch it
  11. W

Controversial opinions

Lol the sceptile comment genuinely made me laugh. I forgot all about that. Yeah maybe sceptile really does have a dark side lol. It did show sceptile was uncomfortable with it. I can see pokemon owned by people like Giovanni or hunter j not having an issue with that. But yeah they should...
  12. W

Controversial opinions

They should start having pokemon as villains. The evil malamar thing was genuinely enjoyable. I just wonder what you do with them after beating them. Send them to jail? Also it disprove that stupid quote where "pokemon aren't evil, humans make them do bad things" which always annoyed me when...
  13. W

Controversial opinions

I think ash vs Volkner was the last great battle in pwc. Everything has been mediocre or bad thus far. Didn't watch Marnie battle so can't comment on that
  14. W

Controversial opinions

So if he isn't lonely why was he upset his trainer left him? Why did Alison say " you finally found people who care about you". Weird for someone who isn't lonely...
  15. W

Controversial opinions

Wdym? He was lied to and left alone for years and years. How is that not traumatizing?? Abuse isn't just physical. And just because it doesn't involve death doesn't mean it's not traumatic. The fact that Gengar said Ike.im gonna trust a filthy human_ or whatever pretty much debunks he wasn't...
  16. W

Controversial opinions

Your misunderstanding me. Ik why Gengar was originally there. I'm saying the way Gengar acted, you could just replace his backstory with him just randomly haunting the lab and nothing will change. They don't indicate he pranks ash and the others because of trauma They don't say anything about...
  17. W

Controversial opinions

Not really. It was shown prior that tepig had insecurities. He seemed to take losses harder than any one of ash BW team. Yeah that's fitting, but it doesn't seem that affected to the whole abandonment subplot. You can take his old trainer out and just say Gengar just haunts it and nothing will...
  18. W

Controversial opinions

That reminds me, I really don't like when the writers use the abandoned pokemon backstory if there not gonna do anything Interesting with it. There was a scene where aliston talks to Gengar and says "you finally found people that care about you" or something like that Excuse me? Where.was any...
  19. W

Controversial opinions

My thing is there's more to a Pokemon development than just evolution. I feel like this mindset is why pokemon like talonflame and staraptor basically stopped having a personality and arc after they fully evolved. Gengar could have issues getting over being abandoned and barely trusting ash...
  20. W

Controversial opinions

Ash bringing Charizard to the M8 wouldn't have worked. Fans probably want to see him battle Leon's Charizard due to the whole "strongest Charizard in the world" thing, but then people would be also mad because they wanted a revenge match with Greninja. If he beats Leon, people will be mad...