• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

I personally thought the WCS was a great and interesting new concept. Really the only thing I hated about it was Ash falling back into the Normal Class for an episode.
  2. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

While some people say that Journeys has downgraded Legendary Pokémon, IMO, it's that other series have made them overpowered. Same with Elite Four members. It was understandable during the early seasons, but these days? Not as much.
  3. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

This may be a bit nitpicky, but I've come to realize that how did Lillie and Lusamine immediately recognize Gladion's Zoroark as Mohn's Zoroark when they first saw it? Seems like any other Zoroark to me. If it was supposed to be a dramatic reveal, at least give it some distinct feature that...
  4. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

The most realistic execution of a school concept in the anime was probably Pokémon Tech way back in season 1. Though, as realistic as it may have been, I still didn't like the episode for several reasons, one of which being very unlikable characters.
  5. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Man, it's been ages since I was on this thread... I feel that Juan got kind of screwed over in the anime. For all intents and purposes, he's just Wallace with a different skin and name. Like Wallace, he's a Coordinator and even uses the exact same team as Wallace. This could probably be the...
  6. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Maybe, but I've never been a fan of Adventures making experienced Trainers have unwarranted confidence issues.
  7. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Regardless of what people think of Bea's treatment in the anime, for months now, I've felt her treatment in the anime has been far superior to that in Pokémon Adventures. And just now, I saw something that cemented that opinion for me.
  8. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

I've never been a fan of this concept myself. It's probably the main reason why I don't really like Molly in movie 3, or why I'm not a big fan of Togepi's Metronome in OS.
  9. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Man, I've been away from this thread for ages again, and have missed a ton of stuff. I'd probably like to say something about Grookey too, but it seems everything I would've wanted to say about it has already been said. Oh, well.
  10. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Man, I've been away from this thread for way too many weeks. I don't know what all I've missed, so let's see what I can come up with... Some Pokémon Adventures fans keep saying that the current anime should be replaced with an anime adaptation of Adventures, or at least that an adaptation...
  11. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Kanto is basically the default region. It makes sense for Ash and Goh stay there while they're not exploring. If they were in Galar, viewers would be wondering why he isn't taking on the Gym Challenge. And them being with Professor Magnolia wouldn't make sense either, given that her field of...
  12. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

She is. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate her concept.
  13. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Vermilion is a port city with connections to the rest of the world. It's symbolic. Raihan may be as strong as a Champion, but he's not officially one. I actually like how they decided to defy the formula of a Pokégirl starting out with a clear goal or figuring one our pretty soon. Makes her...
  14. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

They still existed, even if you didn't know about them. I thought it was a good choice to have them as special so they wouldn't affect the main series until it was the right time.
  15. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

I think making Malva turn against Lysandre during the final conflict came out of the left field and was not a good choice. Her game personality was much preferred and is what I would've wanted to see more from her anime counterpart. PS. I think equally bad was her Adventures counterpart, who
  16. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Ash's goal is meaningful too.
  17. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

We've had more than one simultaneously driving force for the main cast since Hoenn.
  18. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Here's my controversial opinion: I prefer Journeys doing a world tour concept instead of repeating a regional journey for who knows how many-eth time. Gives us a nice change of pace.
  19. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

While the Saffron Gym arc can be considered classic, when put into context with the rest of season 1, it really doesn't make sense. In Showdown at Dark City, it was established that the Pokémon League approves whether a Gym is worthy of operating due to different reasons, and I fail to see why...
  20. FinnishPokéFan92

Controversial opinions

Yeah. We saw some real life fishes several times, and even an illusion of a mongoose in one episode, to give some examples.