• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

Go: Ash, let me remind you of how you really are by perfectly copying a move that I’ve never seen before and in spite of me not even being a battler. Seriously, what were the writers thinking? If they wanted someone to break Ash out of his funk any of Ash’s trainer companions would have been a...
  2. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

In concept, sure. In execution, it’s been terrible. Between far too many 1v1 battles, inconsistencies (like why was there a random 1v1 in the Hyper class? Why did we start the Normal class with 2v2 only for the majority to be 1v1 aside from Korrina at the end? How does Ash’s rank shoot far past...
  3. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

Yea I’m pretty sure that’s the lore of the game that they were brought there by Hoopa from different points in time as well as dimensions, hence how characters like Lyra and Crystal can exist at the same time as well as why Red and Blue are teens despite the Alola cast being there.
  4. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

I dunno. Sure Cinderace has been consistently around but I can’t really say it’s done anything particularly impressive since the end of the Darkest Day arc. With Go it doesn’t really get to do much and the rare times it actually gets action, it’s usually against things that outclass it like...
  5. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

The funny thing is, the one time he did attempt it way back when Metapod was being carried away by Beedrill, he failed miserably. Dude probably gets wartime flashbacks to that every time his Pokémon is in trouble and is like “I can do better than a pokeball. Ash leap go!”
  6. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

When it comes to girls in anime, they always come with access to hammer space.
  7. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

The instant that Koharu heard that Dawn was in trouble after Piplup was taken she chose to go with Ash and Go to Sinnoh to help her. Plus, Dawn was the original one to introduce her to Contests, something that narratively paid off when she met Serena. Even the opening acknowledges that a dynamic...
  8. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

In the few episodes that Koharu has spent with Dawn and Serena, I find that she has a better dynamic and more believable friendship with them than Go who is supposed to be her childhood friend.
  9. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

I don’t think it’s ever been used as a term of endearment especially since the term shill is always used insultingly. It’s basically a term that those who don’t like the Pokémon’s popularity and favoritism it gets as a result use to insult them and always has been.
  10. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

Personally, I’m okay with Serena being the one who shows her about Contests since it’s basically the intersection of 3 plot points: Koharu being introduced to world of Contests, Koharu meeting all the Eeveelutions and what Serena has learned since she left for Hoenn to try Contests. These...
  11. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

It’s not fair. Why couldn’t we have gotten this instead?
  12. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

And let’s not even mention how, in spite of basically doing just the equivalent of being a zoo keeper, he’s just given free evolutions. Kid’s the character equivalent of leaving things on autopilot.
  13. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

And occur it did. Really all adding Koharu did was lessen it a bit especially with how much they half-ass it by having her in the group once in a blue moon.
  14. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

I blame the fact that somewhere between the development of SM and Journeys some genius decided that Pokémon is a boys only club and that they would only include a girl again if it was only on a part-time basis. As such, they can dedicate time to things like 2-in-1 episode, Slowking fillers and...
  15. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

If there absolutely has to be a fall guy at least have the decency to not make it the same Pokémon over and over again. That’s how we ended up with the Torterra situation in Sinno.
  16. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

I wouldn’t say that Inteleon took the spot this generation. If you look at their popularity, both Cinderace and Inteleon are exceptionally popular (then it kinda falls off a cliff with Rillaboom). It seems that they weren’t prepared for just how popular Inteleon would be to the degree of...
  17. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

Journeys is basically like a mirage; it can look nice, maybe even great from a distance but get up close and the entire illusion falls apart to reveal just how empty it really is. Changes that have been made that break tradition are basically changes just for the sake of changes rather than...
  18. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

Honestly it ends up being a bigger missed opportunity that Ash didn’t capture Fearow despite trying to back when Pidgeotto evolved. Had he given it another try after Pidgeot weakened it rather than just giving up after one attempt, Fearow would have ended up with a better showing. Being Ash’s...
  19. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

Agreed. Hell, it’s not even one I’d even put on the level of other unevolved starters with impressive feats. It might as well just be Captain Plot Armor considering the ridiculous things it pulled off by somehow using Feather Dance as a Substitution Jutsu like it just stepped out of Naruto. I...
  20. Kurolegacy

Controversial opinions

While I’ll agree that the final year was much better than the rest, I hated the monkey’s paw we got in that the league finally got a proper arc dedicated to it fitting a league at the cost of it being the easiest league in history filled to the brim with people who had no business competing in a...