• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

100 Gohs!?! Nightmare fuel! :eek: (Shudders. :oops:) In all seriousness though, yes, Brock is a much, much better (written?) character than Goh.
  2. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

There's a good reason why the writers didn't let Ash catch too many Pokemon early on, or just all at once, and I suspect you already know why. The answer is: because if you actually want the Pokemon to be characters in this show (as everyone should,) then it would've detracted too much from the...
  3. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

All due respect, but that original goal made no sense and was never going to work in the context of the anime. Not to mention how boring and one-dimensional it has made Goh as a whole. I guess Project Mew helped a little bit in giving him something to reach for, instead of just chucking Poke...
  4. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

You saying that reminded me of something similar: in the games, Gardenia says while she loves Grass types, the Ghost type gives her the creeps. She even says she doesn't know what she'd do if there was ever a Grass/Ghost Pokemon. Well now there's seven Grass/Ghost types, so it'd be interesting...
  5. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

They're both terrible.
  6. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

One of the worst episodes in the entire Pokemon anime, no doubt.
  7. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

I've most likely said this already, but one could probably blame nearly all of that on Journey's first half having some of the worst writing ever (in my opinion, anyway,) in the history of the Pokemon anime. :mad:
  8. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

Don't forget though, that was all part of early Journeys, which was a hot mess in and of itself.
  9. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

Yeahhh.........you're probably right about that. I guess you can chalk that up to Goh being involved at all, I guess........:cautious:
  10. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

Blame that on Gamefreak.
  11. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

The Regis are kinda weaker Legendaries though.
  12. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

Hell yeah it is. And if we only get three full battles, I can live with that.
  13. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

You and me both. 3v3 is fine for semi-serious battles and all, but these will be battles against the strongest trainers in the entire world. Anything less than full 6 on 6 battles would feel a little insulting if you ask me.
  14. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

You can attribute that to the first half of Journeys having some of the worst writing I've ever seen in Pokemon. They're doing better now, but they had a rough start.
  15. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

Well, based on those images I saw on Twitter, it might just be Dracovish that beats Gyarados this time. Also, to see if we're on the same page, are the five Gyarados you're thinking of by chance: Clair's Gyarados Misty's Gyarados Crasher Wake's Gyarados Lysandere's (Mega) Gyarados (Pika didn't...
  16. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

Oh yeah, I hear ya. Leafeon's amazing, probably my favorite Eeveelution of them all. But, as Alola stated above, Leafeon will always have the glory of starring in one of the greatest Pokemon contest battles in the history of the anime, not to mention this cool as all hell moment, which is...
  17. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

She probably feels that way because Goomy evolved waaaaay too fast, not just for any Pokemon belonging to a main character, but especially a Pseudo-Legendary Dragon type at that.
  18. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

True enough. Sorry about that though, I should've just said it was "in my opinion". Honestly, the "stiffness" of the XY art style, as you and others have called it, really didn't bother me in the slightest. I thought the whole series looked absolutely gorgeous, and while it's true SM might have...
  19. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

Mostly criticizing, and here's the link: https://twitter.com/PokeFansTaiwan/status/1520000475147685888
  20. CharizardFan7

Controversial opinions

Seeing as how these two screenshots from their respective episodes are quite similar, what with the sunset and saying goodbye to Greninja, it's not surprising people would compare them side-by-side like this, and that's just what I found on Twitter. And, just as people on Twitter have said, (and...