• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. EmpoleonProd

Speculation Johto Remake Discussion (Johto Confirmed?!)

I like how now after BDSP, people would rather have LGPE-style remakes lol, a year ago this would be unheard of. Personally I loved the graphics and artstyle of LGPE, they were by far the best-looking Pokemon games and still debatably are. I'm genuinely surprised BDSP weren't built on the LGPE...
  2. EmpoleonProd

I have a fairly strong theory as to what the titles to Johto remakes could be, those being Let's Go Pichu and Let's Go Cleffa. This makes a lot of sense when you think about it, as Clefairy is just as closely tied to Pikachu and arguably even more so than Eevee. Eevee is often considered the...
  3. EmpoleonProd

I can forgive that though because you still got access to the Pokémon eventually, whereas LGPE just pretends they don’t exist entirely. In FRLG I guess you could say the Johto Pokémon are just treated like they’re a new discovery or that they’re just really rare to see in Kanto, although I much...
  4. EmpoleonProd

I wonder where the major disconnect is between Game Freak, TPCi, and the fanbase. From what I see on several forms of media, everyone wants remakes to be made like they were with FRLG and HGSS, where it's everything from the original games, AND more content added in on top, even ORAS did a good...
  5. EmpoleonProd

I definitely think Johto could benefit from receiving the LGPE treatment of massively reshuffling around the wild Pokemon and trainer rosters, I've spoken in the past about certain Gym Leaders having mostly, or even exclusively, Kanto teams, such as Falkner having Pidgey and Pidgeotto when a...
  6. EmpoleonProd

I get what you're saying but like any game series, I feel like Legends is a series that can grow and get better as they make more of them. I'm sure Legends: Arceus will have some kinks but we have to bare with them to grow the series. Also, I'm only saying Ho-Oh because Ho-Oh is the legendary...
  7. EmpoleonProd

I'm glad you mentioned Legends because I do think Johto would make one of the greatest settings for a past era, lore-based game. It's definitely in the top half of regions for lore with Ecruteak City and the burned tower, I think it would be phenomenal to live through that event in-game in real...
  8. EmpoleonProd

From what I've heard, BDSP sold extremely well on their first week, so it might be in Game Freak and TPCi's best interest to grow that working relationship with ILCA and just have them continue to do their remakes/remasters, since all they have to do is give them a game, like HGSS and say "do...
  9. EmpoleonProd

Now that Sinnoh confirmed memes have come to pass, let's not all start chanting "Unova confirmed" quite yet, because I think based on past trends, it's no great feat to predict Johto remakes next. With LGPE coming in between ORAS and BDSP, I think it's very possible we'll see Johto remade for a...