• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Search results

1. Maniacal Engineer

Maniacal Engineer's Crackpot Theory Corner: Darwinian Evolution in the Pokémon World

And caterpillars eat and eat and eat to store up the energy required for metamorphosis. Instead, Pokemon train and gain Exp. Pokemon don't show "no signs" of their changes happening before it happens. They grow levels. They learn new moves. Their stats increase. Their EVs increase. There are...
  2. Maniacal Engineer

Maniacal Engineer's Crackpot Theory Corner: Darwinian Evolution in the Pokémon World

This is why I said comparable, and not exactly the same thing. Although, if you think about it, evolution in the Pokémon sense is not actually instantaneous. I mean, the actual transformation is, but working toward that transformation takes time. Be it leveling up and gaining Exp, exposure to a...
  3. Maniacal Engineer

This is certainly a good question, and I will be happy to think about and research an answer for it at some point in the near future. In the meantime, though, I would indeed compare Evolution in the Pokémon sense to metamorphosis in the real world. While some changes are extreme, certainly they...
  4. Maniacal Engineer

Heh. I guess that "well thought out" and supported theories don't have very much to discuss, as there's already evidence shown in spades in favor of the theory. I guess there are good and bad things about actually coming up with more coherent and supportable thoughts. Who'd have guessed...
  5. Maniacal Engineer

Well hello there, Pokémon fans, it is I, your resident crackpot theorist, Maniacal Engineer. I apologize for the interruption caused by that upstart, Faba, and, as a token of said apology, I'm coming at you all with a special theory. Today's theory was co-authored by the Section Head of General...