• There have been changes to the pronoun field in user profiles. Find out more here!
  • To preserve people's ability to play the game without spoilers, do not post about unannounced Pokémon and characters until January 1st 2023, except in the Scarlet and Violet forum.

All spoilers in posts will be allowed in the Scarlet and Violet forum

Please do not display unannounced Pokémon or characters in Signatures, Avatars, or Profiles until January 1st 2023.

• It's that time of year again! This year, we have a total of four separate contests running over the holiday period, with more than $2000 USD of prizes up for grabs! You can find more information on these contests here

Search results

1. B

The apparent decline of Evil Teams

Yes. Forgive me english is not my first language so maybe i wasn’t clear enough. True but a distinction between Good vs Evil needs to exist. Even in stories like death note where the MC is the villain, the antagonist is a force of good balancing it out. If our hero is on the path of...
  2. B

That was always the point. Maybe i should have used ‘franchise’ instead of ‘anime’ in my first post but the point is pokemon has never produced good villains. Lyandre and hunter J were close-but-no-cigar. IMO a villain who does no evil stuff is not a good villain and i’ll die on that hill. No...
  3. B

I don’t know why you’re trying to make this an anime vs game thing when all i said was ‘death is dumbed down for kids in a kids show’. i’m arguing that pokemon being a kids franchise hasn’t produced good villains because they aren’t allowed to do evil stuff. XY to me felt like it was trying to...
  4. B

All of those ‘death’ related scenes were dumbed down for kids though. Like i said safe and risk-free. Do you think pokemon can get away with villains like frieza, kira yoshikage or doflamingo?
  5. B

I think it has to do with the child-friendly policy of this anime. You can’t make a good villain if they are not allowed to do evil stuff and that requires a mature audience. XY felt like it was trying to be shounen but then someone up the ladder told them to dial it down and go back to being a...
Top Bottom