• Attention Bulbagarden Academy students,

Our back to school event, Bulbagarden Academy Quiz, is now live! See this thread to participate. A new round starts every two days, so keep checking back in through September 14th for as many chances to win as possible!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

This is out of date by eight years, I'm afraid to say - see the current occupation of Crimea.
  2. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

There is not a scintilla of dispute that Rittenhouse was attacked first by Rosenbaum, who charged at him. After that first shooting, Rittenhouse attempted to flee the scene with several people in pursuit, one of whom had a makeshift weapon. I won't claim expertise nor deny that it's get murky as...
  3. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

Respectable Lawyer is still totally disingenuous. Grosskreutz saw Rittenhouse run (flee) past him and fall over, and he was then attacked from that position. The way RL is trying to frame the situation to suggest that Rittenhouse took a seat and then started shooting is Trumpian.
  4. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

That guy's lying, though - Grosskreutz didn't see a man sitting in the road, shooting people. The footage is pretty clear; Rittenhouse was fleeing from a situation and being chased, fell over, and then shot the attackers bearing down on him, including Grosskreutz.
  5. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

No, I still refute that. It is very obvious that the knife was going into the third person's flesh far quicker than the attacker could have been restrained or disarmed. You can credibly make a case that the risk of stab wounds in such incidents does not outweigh the risks of lethally arming...
  6. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

I don't feel I need an authority figure to tell me that drawing a connection with regards to police conduct between this and the Chauvin case is, charitably, a reach. We can all draw an easy distinction between a restrained, unarmed man and an armed assailant attacking someone other than the...
  7. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

I'm sorry, but I don't think any of this is credible, especially the last point. Physically interjecting from several feet and disarming an attacker when the knife is inches away from the victim is, to be frank, the stuff of Hollywood. The officer arrived, saw one person going to stab another in...
  8. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

Hot take time: As sympathetic as I am to the 'forever war' argument, the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan is a strategically poor move which sends the wrong signal to both the US's allies and enemies. A 2-3,000 troop presence is a very low price to pay in order to prevent Afghanistan...
  9. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

As are the leaders of Canada and the UK.
  10. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

Not a US resident, but I spent £££ on travelling to campaign for Biden on account of anti-Trumpness (before the trip was cancelled). Also, I was fairly confident Biden was going to win the whole shebang when he announced his run, and backing a winner always feels good.
  11. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

Since Trump came to power, I've not made many friends for my extreme reluctance to describe him using words like 'fascist', 'dictator' or 'Nazi'. I've never considered it accurate or useful for the kind of serious analysis about how to beat him, and I've worried that it gets the powder damp when...
  12. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

Twitter and Facebook censored a scuttlebutt-but-probably-fundamentally-true story about Hunter Biden that not a soul in the world would have actually cared about, registered, or been significantly influenced by - the former also limited Trump's campaign account. Both he and Zuckerberg have been...
  13. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

Jack Dorsey is a blisteringly stupid man. All you had to do was nothing. I wouldn't be surprised, in the grand scheme of the things, if he hadn't expedited the break-up of his company by, oo, five years?
  14. WyndonCalling

American Politics Thread

I was foolish enough to set a 2am GMT alarm to watch, and I've never seen a form of political television so boring and awful. It was like watching Dr Who as a child, armed with a cushion to deflect all the scary moments, except this time defending against the pure cringe. Thing is, I actually...
Back
Top Bottom