• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

  1. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    When exactly does ladder decay begin to take effect?
  2. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Okay, but I'd be running Earth Power too. Wouldn't that patch up that problem? I'd be doing roughly equal damage (~55%) to what it can heal off with Roost and Leftovers recovery and still have enough PP between both moves to beat it 1v1.
  3. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    I recently made an offense/bulky offense team in OU and decided to use Heatran on it. It has very good synergy with the other team members and serves as the team's Stealth Rock setter and primary Talonflame counter. It has been performing okay overall, but in some matches I find it to be pretty...
  4. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Fire Blast is better to avoid Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs recoil from targets like Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Even without investment, Fire Blast still hits the targets it needs to plenty hard.
  5. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Yes. Jolly or Naive, unless you want to use TankChomp over Sash/Lum Berry Chomp TankChomp: Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet Ability: Rough Skin EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe or 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe (this spread allows Garchomp to outspeed Base 70 Mons) Impish Nature - Stealth Rock -...
  6. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Normal Metagross isn't viable. I've seen it used on occasion with moves like Explosion, but much better SR setters exist. And if defensive synergy is a concern then no, Hydreigon would not be good instead. Gengar and Weavile already form a pretty potent offensive core while possessing okay...
  7. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    On Cartridge yes, that will suffice. Mega Metagross should be a good choice for a Mega. Just keep in mind you'll have 2 weaknesses to Ghost (3 if you have Starmie on the same team) and 2 to Dark if you use Starmie too. What Chimo?
  8. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    I'm not the best person to ask regarding the first question, but I would think it would not be too redundant since Ice is such a good offensive type and they could form a Double-Dragon/Bird Spam type core when used together. But you would need to make sure that the other team members can patch...
  9. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Weavile is very good in OU right now. Its Life Orb set with Icicle Crash/Knock Off/Ice Shard/Low Kick and a Jolly nature is best. You can replace Low Kick with moves like Poison Jab or Swords Dance depending on your team's needs. For partners I personally like to use stallbreaker Gengar. The...
  10. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    You sure? I keep refreshing the page and getting the same result. I'm already calculating Rocks being on Nite's side of the field with it being at 75% health, so are you certain your result isn't because you have the Stealth Rock button clicked? Because if it is, you're factoring it in twice.
  11. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    At 75% health: 0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO You could give Vaporeon more Special Attack investment to bring that percentage up – 100 EVs in Special Attack gives it a 75% chance to OHKO after Rocks.
  12. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Edit: Nvm, I found the answer I was looking for elsewhere.
  13. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Do you mean 149? Getting an HP stat of 159 requires a significant EV investment.
  14. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    I followed you until the very end – wouldn't an HP stat of 129 be impossible since Serperior with no HP investment (0 IVs and EVs) would be at 135 like you said? Or am I misunderstanding?
  15. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    So I'm trying to breed a Contrary Serperior, but I'm confused on whether it needs a "Life Orb" HP IV on cartridge. Smogon's analysis (Quality Control - Serperior | Smogon Forums) includes a HP IV of 29 for its Life Orb set, but does it need that on cartridge at level 50? I know Life Orb...
  16. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    My opponent in the situation I outlined still needs to go for the chip damage. He'll lose if he doesn't. But it seems you're right about not flinching, I was not aware that you need to make an attack for the flinch to activate. Still, it can have its uses against other moves with lesser...
  17. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    How do you know that though? If your opponent is in any kind of position to not use Fake Out, then you shouldn't be trying to switch in Gallade. And once your opponent reveals he or she is running Fake Out, it becomes one of the most predictable moves in the battle. The only reason people use it...
  18. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Exactly, 99% of the time his pre-Mega ability is useless. This argument of which ability is better is just hypothetical. I was just commenting because the original poster argued that Gallade can't switch into Fake Outs, making Steadfast the inferior ability. But Gallade can switch into Fake...
  19. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    It's not relevant, and I don't think anyone is arguing that it is. I've used Gallade a ton on Showdown and in the BBL and not once have I ever found a use for its pre-Mega ability. Regardless, saying that Steadfast is inferior to Justified isn't completely true in Gallade's case.
  20. MachDragonX

    Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Gallade can't switch into much of anything, period, especially pre-Mega, so both abilities are incredibly situational. But it's worth noting that Mega Gallade has multiple ways of boosting its attack, but no way to boost its speed. Justified would clearly be the better ability if Gallade...
Back
Top Bottom