• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. G

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

usually for physical attackers, special fire coverage move > physical fire coverage move
  2. G

1) Ferrothorn (just run dual hazards on it) 2) none, unless you want Gengar or Sableye 3) Dragonite or Latias
  3. G

soulless shadow After having received the approval of my fellow Battle Center staff, I am changing the link in the OP to the Marriland EV guide. The upkeep of the OP itself will most likely continue to remain in the hands of staff for the time being.
  4. G

I don't think I even have the power to do that. I can just edit the post to remove any dead links if need be. Edit: Mandychuu I updated the OP with a link to Bulbapedia's article on EVs. That should fix the problem.
  5. G

Re: EV Training in Generation IV and Generation V Mandychuu This question and all other basic questions regarding competitive battling belong in the Simple Questions thread. I'll move it there shortly. As a general rule of thumb, only accept rules-related advice from staff members. Regular...
  6. G

Yes, SR and Spikes are fine on the same set if your team needs it. Yes, but not with Leech Seed.
  7. G

Re: So how do you use Breloom? Zapface This belongs in the Simple Questions thread. In the future, please post in that thread any basic questions you may have regarding competitive battling.
  8. G

Re: Rate my smeargle! Bladedge This thread belongs in the Simple Questions stick thread located at the top of this subforum. Please post any basic questions you may have regarding competitive battling in that thread from now on. I'll be moving this post there shortly.
  9. G

dontyouknow I moved your post here. In the future, please post any basic questions you may have regarding competitive battling in this thread rather than in other parts of this forum. AFAIK, people do intentionally disconnect from random Wi-Fi matches in order to avoid losing and protect their...
  10. G

kurtoise Under normal circumstances, posting twice in a row is against the rules. I fixed it for you this time. Please edit your first post in the future if you want to add new information.
  11. G

kurtoise Take a look at this unfinished article for some ideas. Edit: I assumed that you needed help making a VGC team
  12. G

blaziken10285 I moved your post here. In the future, please post all basic questions you may have regarding competitive battling in this thread.
  13. G

Gastro Acid and Skill Swap both do AFAIK. Aside from those two moves, I'm not sure what else does.
  14. G

A Naive nature can work too. It depends on whether your team needs speed or extra power.
  15. G

I haven't run any calcs, but I think that a simple 252 / 4 / 252 should be fine. Tangrowth has enough natural physical bulk to take most priority hits AFAIK. If you want a physical-based Tangrowth, try running this set: Tangrowth (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Chlorophyll EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk /...
  16. G

Run 68 Speed EVs on both to outspeed 24 Speed Skarmory and max Wobbuffett. The first spread spread should be 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spd and the second should be something like 184 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 68 Spd.
  17. G

Re: Ninetales Moveset help Timid max speed w/ Hypnosis GG Also, this belongs in the SQSA thread Octy. I'm moving it there.
  18. G

Introduction To Competitive Pokemon (D/P) - Smogon University It's a little outdated, but it still should be helpful for newer players.
  19. G

Not as far as I know. Tailwind does not affect stats directly because it is a field effect similar to weather.
  20. G

It would probably be difficult to effectively use a Pokemon like Medicham in OU. If you insist upon using it, you should probably go with a Jolly nature, a Choice Scarf, and a moveset of HJK / Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Trick.
Back
Top Bottom