• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. sharkshocker

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Dusknoir's all the way down in PU? How the mighty have fallen... True, you'd be better off replacing Shadow Punch with something else...a weak STAB attack is not as handy as a stronger move that offers wider coverage. You can try out any of the elemental punches (pick one that suits your...
  2. sharkshocker

Ah sorry, I mean that it can be any even number for the Attack IV since Manectric's Attack isn't a high priority. Makes for easier breeding :P
  3. sharkshocker

I'd go with 31/even/30/31/31/31.
  4. sharkshocker

While you should be taking resistances into account it's also important to factor in base stats and a type's weaknesses when studying how it places defensively. Although Fire does have a bunch of resistances Fire-type Pokemon do not usually excel in their defensive stats. And unfortunately...
  5. sharkshocker

252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP. For Pokemon with Choice Scarf I usually go with a basic 252 Speed, 252 on Attack/Special Attack (depending on the set) and the remaining on HP. Though the Volt Switch feels a bit clunky here because of the Jolly nature and because the other moves are physical. I've...
  6. sharkshocker

A STAB Fighting or Flying attack from a powerful attacker can still do the job, such as Close Combat from M-Gallade or a Brave Bird from Talonflame (either with a Choice Band or +2 from Swords Dance).
  7. sharkshocker

I'd go with Shell Smash/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast and a toss-up between Hydro Pump and Ice Shard depending on what you need. Ice Shard lets you have something against priority users and Hydro Pump can be a good surprise against Steel types. I've used Ice Shard on my Cloyster so my suggestion...
  8. sharkshocker

I'd go with either Adamant or Jolly, so you'll want the perfect IVs to be at least be on Attack and Speed.
  9. sharkshocker

I'm wondering about that 3HKO...what's the common spread for Florges in UU, and how is your M-Aggron built? I pulled up some calcs and got the following: vs. Offensive Calm Mind set 0 Atk Mega Aggron Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Florges: 474-560 (143.6 - 169.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO...
  10. sharkshocker

Since Choice Scarf locks the transformed Ditto into one move, and you're familiar with what moves your M-Aerodactyl has, you can use that knowledge to predict what move it'll use and make a switch into something that can tank or negate the attack. Ditto's HP does not change when it transforms...
  11. sharkshocker

I completely understand preferring a Pokeball type, I sometimes start breeding from scratch if I find one in a ball I like :P As for your question, I'd say it's a bit of both. While the bonus you get from the nature does help offset the less-than-optimal IVs, it "goes to waste" in the sense...
  12. sharkshocker

It would depend on what purpose you're using them for, the first one offers more bulk but weaker offensively compared to the second. Since they both have Sassy natures I'm leaning towards the first one and build a Calm Mind or support set around it. The second feels more suited for a Choice...
  13. sharkshocker

I've seen both but I prefer LO over Specs for the flexibility. HP Fighting or Fire can help against Steel types and you can try Defog/Roost on it for hazards and recovery. I've also seen people run Healing Wish when Latios is near death to bring in a healthy counter.
  14. sharkshocker

I suggest going for a Careful nature and maximum HP investment. I'm not too good at splitting EVs for defense but I think you'll be fine with max Sp. Defense investment and make the most of Assault Vest. You do get some 2HKOs over OHKOs with maxing Defense but it's usually against things where...
  15. sharkshocker

Re: Ideas for a Male 6IV Timid H/A Eevee A Ditto with Imposter and holding a Choice Scarf allows it to copy an opponent's strong Pokemon (along with any stat boosts it has) and hit back faster. I'm partial towards dual screen Espeon because of Magic Bounce though a Jolteon would be fine too...
  16. sharkshocker

Yeah go with Speed.
  17. sharkshocker

Those abilities apply their boosts along with STAB. As the boosts from STAB and those abilities increase damage by a certain percentage their effects are multiplied together when calculating damage. Attack (without any boosts): 1.0 Attack with STAB: Base Power x 1.5 = 1.5 Attack with...
  18. sharkshocker

Each point in IV directly adds one stat point to a Pokemon. For example, a level 100 Tyranitar with an HP IV of 0 would have 310 HP, if it had an IV of 31 then it would have 341 HP. As -Glory Blaze- explained the difference in IVs can affect a battle, even if it comes down to just one point...
  19. sharkshocker

Re: Suggestions for Getting HP Fire? Hidden Power's type is determined based on the IV spread of each Pokemon so getting the right type can be a chore sometimes. I think the optimal IV spread for HP Fire is 31/30/31/30/30/31 so try manipulating inherited IVs through the Power items to stack...
Back
Top Bottom