• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. diamondpearl876

COMPLETE: Survival Project (TEEN)

Sorry for the late reply! As you know, real life's been busy busy. Anyway, positive bias for characters usually means relatable, so hey, that's a-okay with me. xD You hit the nail on the head with that character description, as usual! I guess you'll see indeed! I see this type of...
  2. diamondpearl876

I'm glad to hear you like the characters and journeyfic aspect! I'm obviously the most biased ever, but I do love this cast very much. <3 So I'm happy to hear when others do, too. Lol, he's male. When I go back to fix typos and whatever, I may have a harder look into whether or not he's...
  3. diamondpearl876

Glad you liked the opening! After all these years, it's probably one of the scenes that stands out most to me still from this fic, along with the dice motif. Oh my goshhh, that image is too adorable, haha. And okay, I won't tell you if he does. ;P But yeah, this is a fic I don't like to spoil...
  4. diamondpearl876

Glad to hear you're on board for the read! I wouldn't want people forcing themselves to read my work, at any rate. Yeah, things were even clunkier pre-edits, believe it or not. I still have a habit of being overly wordy and unnecessarily complicated when I write. I do have a beta now for my...
  5. diamondpearl876

Nah, they won't reappear. Kuiora just likes to tell tales. I'll admit that my first time writing this, I was just trying to be clever. I was, like, 15 or something. :p So don't want to heavily rewrite that section, but appears it could be polished a bit more. Noted! And interesting... I'm weird...
  6. diamondpearl876

It's fine, sometimes I don't even remember things from this fic. : ' ) I appreciate you giving it another go, though, and leaving comments along the way! Good, 'cause Sai could've very easily been written poorly and in an offensive way. It was always a worry writing this... This might...
  7. diamondpearl876

Anddd this is it - the epilogue to the story that started as just a story, but then turned into so much more for me. Thanks, guys. It's been fun. Stick around for the sequel, which I'm hoping to release by December at the latest. I can't wait. :~) SURVIVAL PROJECT A soul mate is not the person...
  8. diamondpearl876

SURVIVAL PROJECT chapter 29 ; [RENNIO] finality * We were in the middle of our first apartment soon enough. After a week of extensively searching the city's open living spaces, Sai finally chose a place that he figured was suitable for us. The apartment complex lay just on the outskirts of...
  9. diamondpearl876

SURVIVAL PROJECT chapter 28 ; [KUIORA] unanimous * I thought about coming up with my own myths once upon a time, but I couldn't do it anymore, not after what I had seen. ...How would I have explained the entirety of Sai's life? What if I tried to describe it in a single sentence? Would I ever...
  10. diamondpearl876

@kintsugi Thanks for the comments! A lot of it was repeated from your last review, yeah, but I hadn't quite heard anything negative about the lack of Team Rocket foreshadowing or how I got a little too flowery at times. There are a couple lines I felt were possibly out of place too... but I...
  11. diamondpearl876

That's exactly the kind of effect I want my stories to have. There's always more to find out. :D Writing Sai's mom was pretty... tough, not gonna lie. It would have been very easy to portray her as completely awful with no love for Sai, but that's not what I wanted. And obviously, if his mom...
  12. diamondpearl876

SURVIVAL PROJECT chapter 27 ; [SENORI] scald * Oh, Sai... What could I say about him after all that had happened? I never realized that we had such disparate ideas of what life could be. He believed life was supposed to make him scared and paranoid as he was controlled from afar. And here I...
  13. diamondpearl876

Lol, I do appreciate it! The review notification was the first thing I saw this morning in my email and it made my day. :D There's a couple more chapters like I said, though I did contemplate ending the story right at the end of this latest chapter. XD Ah, well. And yeah, it could be seen as...
  14. diamondpearl876

SURVIVAL PROJECT chapter 26 ; [ATIS] memory * I had been teetering on the edge of Sai's wild story, just as he had been teetering between life and death on top of that building. I was where the lies stopped and the truth began. I didn't know this right away. I was too busy being poisoned by a...
  15. diamondpearl876

SURVIVAL PROJECT chapter 25 ; [EZREM] phoenix * It's odd, the things you remember when you're watching someone die. It only takes a second for everything to go wrong. It only takes a second for everything to change. Such is what I learned when I started that fire and when I decided to follow...
  16. diamondpearl876

A couple more years passed without incident. There wasn't much schooling left for me, so I tried studying the same subjects over and over. Sadly, it was as if my memory had been blocked. I could recall emotions without effort, but facts such as how type differences affect a battle slipped my...
  17. diamondpearl876

SURVIVAL PROJECT You don’t want to hear the story of my life, and anyway I don’t want to tell it, I want to listen to the enormous waterfalls of the sun. — Mary Oliver chapter 24 ; [SAI] stand my ground * I was four-years-old when Team Rocket considered me a threat to others. My mother...
  18. diamondpearl876

In hindsight, some more obstacles might have made the chapter more interesting/full of tension. Yeah, they've been traveling at almost the same speed. They didn't start together - Marty/Sasha started in Azalea, Sai in New Bark - but it should still make sense, given that they've met in the...
  19. diamondpearl876

SURVIVAL PROJECT chapter 23 ; [SENORI] armageddon * Sai's breakdown in Ecruteak City had to be the worst of them all. His eyes were insatiably wild, as if they were about to roll into the back of his head and make him pass out. Instead he ran off, struggling with wobbly knees. He screamed...
  20. diamondpearl876

I find it amusing that Kuiora has always been the favorite among most of my readers, with Ezrem (and occasionally Sai) being the most hated. :P I think another reprimanding scene would have been overkill. But yeah, Morty's personality in canon worked well when I wanted to mainly focus on the...
Back
Top Bottom