• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Search results

1. U

Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

If Mewtwo gets a Gigantamax form (if it's even in SwSh), then we have a serious issue. But I would think that this is yet another experiment from Game Freak, and another testing ground for the Switch after LGPE, with more options (even if we can't have all 800+ Pokémon programmed here). If...
  2. U

PREVIEW: SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

Venusaur and Empoleon, huh? If the battle continues into SM143, would Kukui's last Pokémon be an Alolan Ninetales? It would be a good reflection into how he has the three evolved forms of Pokémon that rejected evolution (Ash's Bulbasaur, Dawn's Piplup, and Snowy).
  3. U

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Neo Blaze warned us in the first post to not let this forum get political. You guys didn't pay attention. We devolved from speaking over this new series to fighting over business deals and money. This isn't the first franchise who's creators had to make controversial choices. Ask again why...
  4. U

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

On one hand, DP is the next set of games expected to get remakes for the Switch. But who's to say the last few SM episodes/first few episodes of SwSh take place in Kanto as a last minute reflect of LGPE. You know, it isn't cool to pick fights with other people over their opinions, especially if...
  5. U

The new trainer looks quite androgynous from my point of view. I thought this was a male at first. Ash, Pikachu, Jessie, James, and Meowth are the only real characters in the series, so the latter three will turn up in the SwSh series. We can expect a trailer on Sunday with them. So, not only...
  6. U

REVIEW: SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

To make a series more appealing to long time fans who've watched the anime as kids, the better thing to do is acknowledge the older seasons, bring back previous cast members, have jokes that are generally funny instead of forced, and maybe have an episode where Ash finally turns 11 to show the...
  7. U

Alola League: Overall Thoughts

I see Ash winning this league as mainly an author's saving throw after the backlash against the Kalos League. Compare my response to the Kalos League... ...to my response to the Alola League If anything, Ash losing Alola (and then Galar, and the IX and X Leagues) would deal more damage to the...
  8. U

REVIEW: SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Ash... won? Does this mean Tarzan returns to Kingdom Hearts now? He'll still be around for the SwSh series, most likely. Doubt they just let Ash win this one just to state he's finished his journey and became a Pokémon Master so they could reboot the anime. A win is prestige, after all, not the...
  9. U

PREVIEW: SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Even the page itself has no recorded cases of foiler footage from Pokémon, and even I'm praying this won't be the first time Ash is leaked to be the winner in previews, only to lose in the actual episode.
  10. U

There is a good reason why many of us continue to doubt Ash will win this league. There is a phenomenon that TV Tropes refers to as Foiler Footage that has the writers intentionally create fake footage so that spoilers won't be leaked out. This has been done several times before, as the link...
  11. U

Not all controversies fade into oblivion over time. You still can't bring up Porygon, Jynx, Kadabra, and the change in voice actors in 2006 without triggering a flame war even in 2019. If the writers decide to have Ash continue losing leagues over the coming centuries, it won't help the...
  12. U

PREVIEW: SM141: Final Battle! Satoshi VS Kukui!!

A deus ex machina win would destroy the reputation of the SM for good. Gladion winning would still anger those who waited 22 years for Ash to win, but a the same time, it would be seen as justice to Hau for losing via "SOS Rest". Ash losing, and us learning on September 29 that the series will...
  13. U

That was a point of my comment. If Ash wins the Alola League, nothing should stop him from taking part in the Galar League. League wins are mainly prestige, and a sign that Ash is advancing to his goal of Pokémon Master.
  14. U

This wouldn't be the first time the writers hyped up a potential battle that never came to be. There were hype for Ash vs. Gary in the Kanto League, and then Ash vs. Virgil in the Unova League. Both never happened, though the former was made up for it in Johto.
  15. U

I doubt they'll get rid of Ash in the SwSh series, even in the unlikely event he wins the Alola League. This will confuse the intended audience of mainly children. Getting rid of him after Gladion wins the league will destroy the legacy of this anime, too, by showing 22 years of Ash getting...
  16. U

It's becoming more unusual that we only have 1 anime version of the Pokemon franchise

The idea of a new anime adaptation is necessary given the current one is no longer appealing to anyone above the age of six. But it's not an easy solution. The costs of making an episode and getting good voice actors is one issue. An even worse issue is marketing, especially in Western nations...
  17. U

Pochama and his clones: Was that intentional?

So the ongoing theme for unevolved "mascot" starters is the seven deadly sins? That's... something an average three-year-old wouldn't get. Greed, Wrath, and Envy have not been taken yet, implying they'll be saved for the "mascot" of the Gen VIII, IX, and X starters if the writers continue to try...
  18. U

I'm not going to let the potential reboot teaser for September 29 fool me. Gladion stands at a 99% chance of winning, even if Ash gets another deus ex machina to his advantage. And besides, .
  19. U

What moral limits does Ash have when it comes to dealing with villains?

Probably the same way Sora reacted to Axel killing Vexen in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, even if Sora himself (who has a similar personality to Ash) holds no qualms in killing criminals. In several movies, Ash doesn't take (attempted) killings very well, even going as far as to help...
  20. U

Look how many live-action remakes Disney has in development. In the animation side, only two are in development, one being a Frozen sequel. And on Disney Channel, there have been a good chunk of sequel shows lately. First Boy Meets World (Girl Meets World), then That's So Raven (first Cory in...