• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Search results

1. TechSkylander1518

Generation IV Remake Speculation

That's making a lot of assumptions... I don't think "does something else when a game is beat" is something unique to younger audiences-most people will do something else when something is finished. And nothing to do for five minutes? Nobody at any age is willing to waste five minutes doing nothing.
  2. TechSkylander1518

FRLG didn't really fit the themes of RSE, HGSS didn't fit the themes of DP, and ORAS didn't fit the themes of XY...
  3. TechSkylander1518

You listen to the delightful sound of Jubilife City and you take that back. View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpkr49RioHg It's a fun basis for names, but it's pretty obscure IMO.
  4. TechSkylander1518

There was an Omnis region design for a Fighting-type Rotom that possessed an arcade fighting game!
  5. TechSkylander1518

I don't see why they would need to? Just make Lucas and Dawn the initial outfits, and let players customize them. It's not like the player character's initial design is crucial to the story. (Besides, what about FRLG and HGSS? Their original games didn't even have Leaf or Lyra-does that mean...
  6. TechSkylander1518

It's not always a matter of choice-the Ultra Wormholes also brought the UBs and Annabel through, even though they weren't intentionally using them. I'd say "Pokemon with teleporting powers brings these Pokemon across large distances for no reason" is about as good an explanation as "random...
  7. TechSkylander1518

My point was not that third versions are not profitable-my point was that remakes are even more so, and so it wouldn't make sense to not do a remake just for the sake of breaking patterns.
  8. TechSkylander1518

Those are examples of third-version games. They do not sell as well as remakes.
  9. TechSkylander1518

I think it'd be pretty strange to go a whole console without remakes when every console since the GBA has had them. (And even the GBC had a revisit to Kanto)
  10. TechSkylander1518

Route 6-Cycles between Tranquil and Vannilite, both of which can be found year-round in other locations. Route 8/Iccirus City/Moor of Iccirus-Palpitoad's prevo can be found elsewhere, Stunfisk can still be found via fishing and surfing, Shelmet has more locations in BW2 Twist Mountain-Only the...
  11. TechSkylander1518

Only Route 7 and Dragonspiral Tower, not the whole region. You could just go somewhere else and catch those same Pokemon. Alright, that's your choice. Doesn't mean it's not an option all the same. Why would they? Devices have all switched to clocks that can be set because sometimes people...
  12. TechSkylander1518

That only affected one Pokemon line. And someone could easily just change the system clock if they wanted it that bad. It's only a 24 hour penalty. Why? Snowpoint is still completely unique 75% of the time (seasons take up a fourth of the year, not a third), and for wintertime, there could...
  13. TechSkylander1518

The thing is, all of these changes added things. Even when a game lacked gyms, it had something new to replace it. Starting with remakes would only remove things, because it would start a generation without any new Pokemon.
  14. TechSkylander1518

15. TechSkylander1518

Again, read what I quoted to you before. I mentioned "until the next generation" for a reason. Of course it can be included in later generations, but another generation of Pokemon is going to take years to develop. But not everyone is willing or able to buy mid generation games. Yes, because...
  16. TechSkylander1518

You're missing my point. Read my last statement again- It's not about story, it's about gameplay. Diamond and Pearl weren't the remakes of their gen, and Seal and Slowpoke weren't only in those games-they could be obtained in HGSS,too. If a Pokemon was included only in the remakes of a...
  17. TechSkylander1518

My issue isn't with having Pokemon that weren't included in the original games-Pokemon from new gens are added in every remake. My issue is with having entirely new Pokemon that had never appeared before, even in the other games of the generation the remake was introduced in. It just doesn't...
  18. TechSkylander1518

I feel like UBs are the exception that proves the rule. UBs are supposed to be so strange they don't even seem like Pokemon-having some appear mid-generation helps add to the bizarre effect. Meanwhile, new Pokemon appearing in Sinnoh are just new Pokemon-it raises the question of "why the heck...
  19. TechSkylander1518

Most locations in Emerald were tiny or brought in just to include more Pokemon. It seems to me that the only major new locations in Emerald were Marine/Terra Cave and Team Magma's new hideout, and that's clearly done to combine Ruby and Sapphire. The locations weren't left out of ORAS because...
  20. TechSkylander1518

Since when was it confirmed Ultra Space was getting an expansion?