• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Search results

1. Desdar300

Generation IV Remake Speculation

So here's a question for you'll. Do you think some characters would see a radical redesign like TM and TA got in ORAS? Or you think that they'll play it safe this time around?
  2. Desdar300

It notes that Yellow was the fourth version in Japan though and that Red and Blue ( U.S versions) used the updates that were present in the Japanese Blue.
  3. Desdar300

There's a Japanese Blue that came out in mid 1996, this version fixed a lot of the problems that Red and Green had and is considered the true third game while Yellow is just a special edition based on the anime. When Nintendo localized the games they used the sprites and workings of the Japanese...
  4. Desdar300

Pokémon Blue is the third core series Pokémon game for Game Boy, released in Japan on October 15, 1996 exclusively to subscribers of CoroCoro Comic[1][2] and on October 10, 1999 to general retail[1][2] as a minor revision of Pokémon Red and Green Versions, which were released earlier that year
  5. Desdar300

Blue as released in Japan as the version that fixed most of the glitches and made a lot of the Pokémon look more appealing in-game. It's the true third version.
  6. Desdar300

The only reason Pikachu followed the player was because it was a reference to Ash and his Pikachu and that's because Yellow was a Special edition of the gen 1 games not the third complete version ( Like Blue, Emerald, Platinum, etc) so it makes sense why non of the callbacks were kept because...
  7. Desdar300

But up until that point Pikachu was the only Pokémon that was capable of doing no other Pokémon could.
  8. Desdar300

It's still their sister game though and it fixed many of the glitches that the original. As for Yellow that's kind of been explained that it wouldn't make sense due to the massive nose dive the anime took in popularity .
  9. Desdar300

In my post I pointed out why the games may have been special to him and it's for sentimental reasons. Moreover Yellow was only made to cash in on the anime success so in other words it isn't the third sister game ( That's Blue). By the time FR\LG were in development the anime had dropped...
  10. Desdar300

I don't know hombre. I feel like this article is kind of being taken out of context, I mean when the orginal R\S came out Masuda's life was altered suddenly he had a kid, and on top of that Hoenn was based of a region in Japan that he spent a lot of his childhood in so maybe that's what he means...
  11. Desdar300

But apparently not even everything was carried over from Crystal aside from the Suicuine stuff. I'd assumed only the pairs would be remade so that GF could make more money off of the products.
  12. Desdar300

Yeah we did get a random new female lead but all the Suicuine stuff was kept at least. However the fact that he directed Crystal and not GS does serve as a contradiction to him wanting to only remake his own games.
  13. Desdar300

But still didn't he remake HGSS despite not being their original director? I mean we all know that FRLG lacked all the Ash references since they were removed but why wouldn't he remove all the Suicuine stuff since he remade Gen 2 as well? It just doesn't add up t all.
  14. Desdar300

That's true! Although I'm hoping they bring back Walking with your Pokémon in Gen 7
  15. Desdar300

This is Criticism I've seen thrown at GF for years and one of the few I concur with. I think some features like walking with Pokémon should stay because there's a lot they can do that and it can add depth to the Pokémon.
  16. Desdar300

Basically the fanbase is the general consensus that people have the issues going on currently. Almost everyone I know are really upset about how certain features are tossed and never expanded upon
  17. Desdar300

I was never critiquing the games but rather just GF in general for being their slothful selves. I like Oras because it opens the door to tons of new ideas ( since it established the Multi-verse) that concept is perfect because now anything goes especially since Kalos and Hoenn seem to have a...
  18. Desdar300

As I said Oras was just missing the cherries on top but it still managed to flush out its region something that remakes haven't done. I just firmly believe that a remake should retain all the things its original counterpart had otherwise it gives players a sense of doubt in the back of their...
  19. Desdar300

I really do like ORAS but I feel that it was just missing one big thing that would've made it just a bit better. I think remakes I should be a celebration of all things from that respective region even HGSS included the Suicuine stuff even though it wasn't huge thing but it added great...
  20. Desdar300

If they pull that it's isn't going to look pretty pitiful especially after the fan retroaction GF has gotten for doing that before. Things will go from bad to disastrous then