• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Search results

1. Bolt the Cat

Generation IV Remake Speculation

It's not surprising at all that each game is adding more demands on the last, that's simply the nature of a tech driven market like gaming. Because developers constantly want consumers to buy the next product, they have to make it better and better in order to convince them to abandon their old...
  2. Bolt the Cat

This. If they're going to insist on this policy of not having every Pokemon programmed into the game, they should at least do what they did with ORAS and have it so every Pokemon is available between each game of the generation. That way, everyone's favorites are available in at least one game...
  3. Bolt the Cat

No argument there, Arceus definitely deserves more lore, especially when it's so closely related to Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. They should really give us the best of both worlds in the remake and let you capture Arceus during some kind of storyline event. The best way to go about it would...
  4. Bolt the Cat

I think you might be in the minority there, the method of delivery is perhaps the most important part to a lot of people. Mythicals are meant to be rare and special Pokemon that can only be obtained through external methods, and how you encounter the Pokemon adds to that feeling. If you're just...
  5. Bolt the Cat

I have a feeling that the reason they didn't combine the two has nothing to do with customization, 5th gen didn't have customization either and they had a combined Center/Mart. It's probably just because they just don't know what to do with the extra space in cities if they removed the Marts...
  6. Bolt the Cat

No, no it doesn't. Again, Sinnoh is one of the larger regions in the game in terms of number of areas. It has 30 routes- which is the second most in the series (remember that most regions only have about 20ish). It also has a ton of caves. And if you look at the encounter tables, they aren't...
  7. Bolt the Cat

Again, 211 is fairly small by modern standards, so how is that "bloating"? Despite being made for the DS, Sinnoh is one of the largest regions in the series, especially in terms of the number of areas. There's 30 routes, the second most in a single region in the series, several of which have...
  8. Bolt the Cat

Yes, they do have to put all of the available Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex. Game Freak has stated that going forward, only Pokemon appearing in the regional dex will be programmed into the game. So those 200ish post game Pokemon have to be in the Sinnoh Dex to be usable. The regional dexes don't...
  9. Bolt the Cat

Platinum's dex isn't "relatively big" by modern standards, dex size has been creeping up larger and larger over time. GSCHGSS had the largest regional dex for a while with 251 (256 in HGSS), but then BW2, XY, SM, and USUM have all gone bigger than that. SwSh's dex is probably going to be massive...
  10. Bolt the Cat

They didn't have those Pokemon in DP though. They weren't added to their teams until Electivire and Magmortar were added to the Sinnoh Dex in Platinum.
  11. Bolt the Cat

They don't have to stick to that. They've already established that there's multiple universes in ORAS, so they're free to retcon whatever species they want. I don't think they'll retcon anything that was in the dex to begin with (as that would mean they'd have to overhaul the teams that used...
  12. Bolt the Cat

I can see them adding Sinnohan forms in the remakes. They seem to be more and more inclined to add new Pokemon and forms to each game, and Sinnohan forms would help justify adding Pokemon in there that weren't there before.
  13. Bolt the Cat

@Kallyle I didn't account for the possibility of new Pokemon and that's a very realistic possibility, but it's unlikely they'll include 20-30. USUM and LGPE, but it was only a handful of them (5 and 2 respectively). I don't expect DP remakes to change that, the number of new Pokemon introduced...
  14. Bolt the Cat

I agree with @SlowGinFizzzz, the mazelike design is part of Sinnoh's charm. It's a lot more satisfying to explore when you're trying to figure out how to get where you're going instead of mindlessly plodding through a set path. Also, HMs probably won't exist anymore, they'll probably have some...
  15. Bolt the Cat

I doubt they'll introduce new areas. Sinnoh is a big region and it'll probably be a challenge for them to recreate it. They should focus on trying to recreate Sinnoh as faithfully as they can.
  16. Bolt the Cat

You know what? Screw it. I'm going to expand it to 500. And because a certain someone is concerned about the distribution, I'll give the encounter methods too.
  17. Bolt the Cat

Yes they can. There are any number of ways they could fit more Pokemon in. They have the Pokeradar (and no, overworld encounters does not mean they can't bring it back, the Pokeradar could just cause the new species to spawn in the overworld). They have swarms. They have post game Safari Zone...
  18. Bolt the Cat

All right, so to drive the point home, I did an analysis of what some of the older dexes would be like if this policy were in place back when they were released: FRLG: 151 Pokemon in the original dex + 71 Pokemon in post game = 222 Pokmeon Emerald: 202 Pokemon in the original dex + 34 Pokemon...
  19. Bolt the Cat

How many times do we have to go over this? All Pokemon in the game have to be in the Sinnoh Dex to even be usable in the game. 450 is pretty reasonable for the full roster of Pokemon in the game. Maybe a bit too conservative even, people would probably be upset if only 450 Pokemon were usable in...
  20. Bolt the Cat

I made a list of Pokemon I think would fit Sinnoh and this comes out to 445 if I counted right, throw in 5 more to round it out to 450 and I think you've got a pretty decent Sinnoh Dex: