Search results for query: *

1. N

Your favorite Anime?

This is difficult because I haven't actually watched much good anime. It's mostly been mediocre series or movies/ovas. 1. Neon Genesis Evangelion 2. Gunbuster 3. Perfect Blue Then there are series I personally loved or greatly enjoyed that I know aren't the best, like Aku no Hana and Panty...
  2. N

Best Selling Manga of 2013

Wow I really am behind the times. And I still thought the Big 3 was relevant. The real surprise for me is Gin no Saji. I knew that it had an anime, but I didn't realize it was that popular.
  3. N

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0. Well, that was disappointing.
  4. N

Anime Worst anime you've ever seen?

For some reason, I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to crap, so I can watch just about any show and get some form of enjoyment out of it. The following were just plain bad though. Da Capo seasons 1&2: This anime was based off of a series of eroge with the same name, so the...
  5. N

I just finished the gag dub version of Ghost Stories. Other than the comedy (which was good), it made me curious as to what the original was actually like. I've heard people say it's bad, but my hypothesis at the moment is that the original was simply mediocre, and suffered only from being about...
  6. N

Anime Your favorite anime studios?

Back in the days of 2010 (so long ago right) I would definitely say Gainax. Most of my favorites are from them, like Gunbuster and Evangelion. Obviously they have been going downhill lately though. And not to jump on any bandwagons, but I am looking forward to seeing Kill la Kill by Trigger...
  7. N

Is anyone bothered by the amount of scantily-clad women in video games?

I don't really care. There are plenty of really scary girl-oriented games that have men in gross outfits. Honestly, those kinds of games are more offensive to me because of how unrealistic they are. Men never act like those bishounen guys. It's just propagating a lie and making women's standards...
  8. N

How have your relationships ended?

First and only boyfriend broke up with me over skype chat at the end of November. I told him to make a decision about us and he made it, after several weeks of not-really-dating-but-still-together stuff. We dated for over a year but we are still relatively friendly. I'm not sure what to think...
  9. N

Music What Japanese Song Are You Currently Addicted To?

Sakura nagashi from the 3rd rebuild movie
  10. N

Yoshitoshi ABe

I think it actually does have a translation. It's on the website fuwanovel. I don't want to link it here because I'm not sure if the site is entirely appropriate but hopefully you can find it. I do like his art though. Watched a little bit of Lain before, but never got around to finishing it...
  11. N

What is your favorite and least favorite starter Pokemon

My favorite is Chikorita, while my least favorite is definitely Chimchar...
  12. N

Little encounters with other Pokemaniacs

At the midnight premiere of the final Harry Potter movie, there was a kid in the theater playing his game boy advance with leaf green in it sitting on a couch waiting for midnight to come around. He noticed me because as I was walking into the theater with my friends, I was playing on my gameboy...
  13. N

What Was the Last Thing You Learned?

The expiration dates for yogurt.
  14. N

Anime Is there any anime that you dislike?

Oh gosh there are a lot. Hetalia was funny at first, but quickly became something I couldn't stand, mostly because of the fanbase. Then there was the very first anime OVA ever made, Dallos. Although the music and animation were generally okay, the plot and just about everything else was...
  15. N

How do you take your coffee?

I don't drink coffee at all... I honestly hate it. : (
  16. N

Can you think of examples of female characters taking star status from male character

Re: Can you think of examples of female characters taking star status from male chara I can really only remember Genshiken. Originally it was about a group of men in an otaku club, but eventually the female characters became the leads and now the club is almost completely filled with girls. Not...
  17. N

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai episode 6. Fairly generic in terms of plot, the only thing making it interesting is the chuunibyou gimmick and the main character's straight man act.
  18. N

Obsolete: The Japanese Language Help Thread

First one means flower, pronounced 'hana', with particle no making it possessive. Thus, it means 'flower's' roughly. Second one (映る) is 'utsuru', and it is a verb meaning to be reflected. Third one means hill, mound, or heap and is 'tsuka' or 'dzuka'. I looked it up on google and got...
  19. N

Least favorite Pokemon of each type?

Bug - Pinsir Too bulky and mean looking. I like most bug Pokemon, even though I hate bugs in real life. Dark - Shiftry I think the design is creative but it looks like a troll, and those have always freaked me out a little. Dragon - Garchomp It looks a little childish for me. Electric -...
Back
Top Bottom