• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Search results

1. Esserise

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Far as I understand it, it's less of a strain on the engine to do it that way.
  2. Esserise

I guess he'd have found something else Kalos-ish to study, like the bonds between people and Pokémon. Yep, that's pretty much what I had in mind.
  3. Esserise

Even if Dynamax is in the games, they're not going to change Rowan's research specialty. There's no point in doing so and they didn't do that with Elm or Birch, even though in the latter's case especially they could have made him study Mega Evolution or Primal Reversion. Rowan studying evolution...
  4. Esserise

Whether or not Mega Evolutions will actually be available I can't begin to guess, but I will be surprised if there's no reference to it at least. It was said in XY that Prof. Sycamore was a pupil of Prof. Rowan when he was young, and remakes have generally been pretty good about remembering...
  5. Esserise

Right, but that's not really what I'm quibbling with. Rather I'm questioning the notion that DPP's Arceus event, which is just "here's a flute, kiddo!" and then you catch Arceus on a dull slate of glass and talk to the Hiker and that's it, is somehow "more content" or "more proper" than how HGSS...
  6. Esserise

But so is going to the Ruins of Alph with Arceus and meeting up with Cynthia and witnessing Arceus and the Unown create a newborn member of the Dragon trio in a big cutscene. The Azure Flute event is "more content" than "picking it up from the delivery guy," but the pickup is not all that the...
  7. Esserise

I don't even know what fans consider "a proper event" anymore. The Azure Flute "event" is literally just you walking up a staircase and battling Arceus with no fanfare of any kind. Meanwhile, even though it was distributed directly to HGSS without being catchable, the event it was involved in...
  8. Esserise

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to use anything that LGPE did as a yardstick for the future. They're very clearly not made in the vein of "typical" remakes. They're closer to a standalone experiment than an actual, formal part of "Gen 7." We've just come to file it in that particular...
  9. Esserise

Well, we don't exactly know that Regigigas was ever "feared." I know people like to interpret the Sealed Chamber text that way, but that text only defaults to a singular "it" because of how the original Japanese doesn't specify singular or plural. Strictly speaking, there's never been anything...
  10. Esserise

tbf, at least in terms of plot, Sinnoh basically just Dynamaxed the Ruby & Sapphire storyline :p so somewhere in there is an instinct to blow things up to absurd scale
  11. Esserise

It’s fiction. They can make up whatever logic they want in order to justify the inclusion or exclusion of whatever they want. Mega Evolution being created by the ultimate weapon and only found in Kalos didn’t stop it from showing up in Hoenn ten years earlier. If anyone questions it, they can...
  12. Esserise

the whole "going to space" rumor in Gen 3 didn't really have anything to do with Rayquaza, it was more about Deoxys (or Jirachi) and the Space Center. when making ORAS, Rayquaza just ended up being a suitable vector for making that cute reference happen. i don't think "visiting Dialga and...
  13. Esserise

That's a fair point. Personally, I would take your last sentence and contend that that's precisely why Exeggutor might be more affected by the sunlight in Alola (because it is literally a tropical plant that feeds on sunlight, so having more of that allows it to flourish), whereas a Ninetales in...
  14. Esserise

Even the Pokédex gives it an origin story very similar to that of Spiritomb, saying that it came into being when nine saints merged into one.
  15. Esserise

1) Not necessarily, because Vulpix (more specifically Ninetales, but still) already has supernatural aspects in its regular form. It already fits in with a spiritual place, whereas it would be jarring in an icy biome. 2) If you want to go down the road of could-have-been hypotheticals, we can...
  16. Esserise

Alternatively though, think of it like this: Vulpix normally live in the Kantonian grasslands. But they do appear in other regions - for instance, Hoenn, where they are exclusively found living on the side of Mt. Pyre. Despite this being a rather different environment from what they're normally...
  17. Esserise

And the point I'm making is that it might not matter. Yeah they might have an issue if they try to go into each others' worlds which seem to be either purely time or purely space, but there's a clear difference between Giratina going from a world of antimatter into a world of basically no...
  18. Esserise

Antimatter exists, but generally only on extremely small scales and only for very brief periods of time before it's annihilated. That's my point - in Giratina's world, antimatter is commonplace. Here, it's so negligibly present that in practical terms, there may as well not be any. That's a...
  19. Esserise

Who says they need that? Palkia lives in a realm of space. If it came to our world, it would find that there is still abundant space. Likewise, Dialga lives in a realm of time. And if it came to our world, it would find that there is still abundant time. I wouldn't think the presence or lack of...
  20. Esserise

You base this on...? If we go by the legends and Pokédex entries, Dialga and Palkia control the motion of time and space. What "lack of normality" is there if they themselves generate normality?