• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Search results

1. Silktree

Generation IV Remake Speculation

2. Silktree

It is just abilities. LGPE already have double battles and even Mega Evolutions.
  3. Silktree

They can take a much-needed break next year. If they're interested in a LGPE sequel at all, I wouldn't wait longer than 2021 because Go will be 5 years old by then (and the time will be ripe for any Masters or Sleep tie-ins). There isn't an expiration date on traditional remakes, which require...
  4. Silktree

He didn't mention the National Pokedex at all. Let's not paraphrase: "Even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games." It could take a long time for some species.
  5. Silktree

It kind of has. Why would the rematch teams be used against new trainers?
  6. Silktree

Wrong games.
  7. Silktree

Don't expect any 2020 game to be particularly polished.
  8. Silktree

I think that the 2021 games are bound to be underwhelming either way, since another new generation would be incredibly rushed, and after ORAS, USUM and LGPE there is really not much to expect from iterative releases. There never really was beyond obvious upgrades, honestly. Not if they're...
  9. Silktree

It doesn't need to exist if it isn't intended to be a version mascot.
  10. Silktree

You don't solve power creep by making overpowered Pokemon even more so. Besides, they're banned from standard play.
  11. Silktree

Should and will are two different things. If they prefer to dedicate resources to something else (say, full-fledged Pokemon customization), they will. An annual release schedule takes its toll, but not on their profits.
  12. Silktree

ORAS look very grid-based. Where did they deviate apart from the Battle Resort? Following a template is always easier than coming up with changes. And it isn't just the grid but also the scale and richness of details.
  13. Silktree

Sure, but the point I was making is that it would make Game Freak's lives easier and the majority wouldn't mind too much.
  14. Silktree

And again, SM already moved on from a grid. With LGPE as a precedent, any games in that sub-series would be compared to LGPE first and foremost. I think it's unrealistic to expect LGPE to be the only grid-based Switch games.
  15. Silktree

It's been used to make Game Freak's lives easier. Overhauling a map is much harder than expanding a story. By the way, LGPE are already doing away with two prominent characters (Red and Blue, at least in their old roles) and discarded wild Pokemon battles, which is easily more intrusive to...
  16. Silktree

Strictly speaking, there was never much of a chance of DP remakes being released before 2020. LGPE are taking the place of a gap year, so I'd wait until 2020 before complaining that Sinnoh is getting the shaft. You should be worried about whether or not the remakes get the Let's Go treatment. I...
  17. Silktree

I have no idea if they want to fix it. The ORAS expansion wasn't very big and LGPE are more recent.
  18. Silktree

Okay, but then DP had Infernape and Rapidash and maybe the next generation will have variants for Pokemon in the DP Pokedex.
  19. Silktree

Look at Ghost and Dragon types in LGPE.
  20. Silktree

You mean only the expanded regional Pokedex. Speed and glitch fixes are a given for remakes.