• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Search results

1. F

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Gengar won't be making use of extra defenses so it's best to max out SpA and Speed which is where its strengths lie. Also, there is no point in running Dark Pulse since it has the same coverage as Shadow Ball (except that it hits Normals, which is what...
  2. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I was so intent on starting with a Fighter that I completely forgot about Metagross. Explosion is also one of my favorite moves so I think it's a good idea. I have trained but unmovesetted one that could do the trick. As much as Latios is fragile...
  3. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Garchomp does not have the time to set up in the Battle Tower and I have no intention of changing its set. Latios does not have HP Fire, and I'm not too keen on using it anyways because I want to speed tie with Gengar, Froslass, and other Latis. Draco...
  4. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. This is possibly for a tournament team if they decide to use Battle Frontier rules, if not it's for the Battle Tower: Lead option #1: Kaa-Kel (Lucario) (F) @ Focus Sash Trait: Inner Focus EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk) -...
  5. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. But what kind of role do you want the last Pokemon to fulfill? I'm at a loss to give you any suggestions if I have no idea what you want.
  6. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. What kind of Pokemon are you looking for to fill your last slot?
  7. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Whichever you prefer, though Jolteon might be easier to manage since you get Eevee earlier than Electabuzz and Vire requires trading to get...
  8. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. You're not double posting. I deleted two posts above yours. What's wrong with that team? It seems fine enough to beat the E4.
  9. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Synergy basically means your team works well together As I said, just to avoid redundant type coverage and help Empoleon.....it's really up to you, you can use whatever you want.
  10. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Well remembering my run with Piplup in Platinum, Grass types can prove to be a challenge early in the game so anything that could help with that is a good thing. Empoleon is also weak to Fighting so I think if you're looking for type synergy Beautifly...
  11. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Here. Do you have a starting point at all? Do you have any idea what you want to use?
  12. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I disagree that Flareon has great stats. Flareon has great offenses and special defense, but that's about it. It's slow and fragile on the physically defensive side and whatever it does something else does better. Slow and fragile are bad double whammy...
  13. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Ok, I'll help you. Maelstrom, I don't know much about doubles but what I can tell you is that you need a theme. Like rain dance, or Trick Room or something like that. It just doesn't seem that your team has an actual strategy or goal to it besides...
  14. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Use Espeon, it seems more useful. And you probably need something fast and speedy.
  15. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I would lead with Metagross and do Garchomp > Dragonite. What game is this for, HG?
  16. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Moved your post to a more appropriate thread. EDIT;; Just use a Zapdos?