• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Search results

1. CynthiaLover

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Well, for starters, replace Headbutt with Return. Not only is Return stronger at max happiness than Headbutt, but it can capitalize on Refrigerate better. Plus, Glalie isn't usually fast enough to get Headbutt's flinch effect off reliably, so you're better off trading it for Return. Secondly...
  2. CynthiaLover

Sorry for the double post, but now it's my turn to ask a question. I'm doing an X run (finally found it and my Y version) and I was debating on a certain teammate. I caught a decent Croagunk (Male, Docile, Dry Skin) that I was wondering if it would be a worthwhile investment for an in-game team...
  3. CynthiaLover

First off, welcome to the forums. Secondly, out of the two, I'd go with Crobat. Noctowl doesn't get a lot of good moves in Gen 2, especially since the Physical/Special split isn't in effect yet (which means Normal and Flying moves are Physical, which is a field Noctowl clearly lacks). On the...
  4. CynthiaLover

And I have another question. I'm taking a short break from Platinum to continue where I left off in Soul Silver (I actually forgot about it, but due to all the migraines I've been having lately, it's easy to see why). I caught an Exeggcute, and I want to know when would be the best time to...
  5. CynthiaLover

Aaaaaand here we go again. I started a Platinum run for old times sake, as well as to experiment with some new ideas, and I need some advice on two teammates this time. First off, I plan to catch a Drifloon as my flyer, as I've used Staraptor to death (I do love Staraptor, mind), and I want to...
  6. CynthiaLover

Hi, me again. I took up my SoulSilver run again (a lot of stuff has been happening here, so I didn't get any time to play until recently.) and I'm starting to build up my team. I started with Cyndaquil (now Quilava), and I caught an Onix, which I have plans to evolve her into a Steelix to act as...
  7. CynthiaLover

Okay, with OmegaRuby out of the way, I decided to take up Gen 7 again. After a little blooper (I was planning on resetting an unused Sun version, but instead did it to my previous UltraSun run that I asked for help on here earlier... not one of my smarter moments... damn insomnia strikes again)...
  8. CynthiaLover

Got another question, this time for a different game run (I finished my White run today), in this case, Omega Ruby. I restarted my OR game (it was at a point where I hadn't completed it yet, and I didn't know where I was going, so I just restarted it), and I traded over some mystery eggs which...
  9. CynthiaLover

Got another question. I'm looking to adding in a Steel-type to my team, but I'm not sure which one to pick. Usually, as stated before, I tend to have Excadrill (or when it comes to B2W2, Lucario) as my Steel Mon. So, I wanted to know which of these Steel Mons is better: Escavalier or Klinklang...
  10. CynthiaLover

Got some quick questions regarding two Mons. I ended up restarting my White run, as the first run got glitched (my fault, I put the DS Lite down while still playing it, then accidentally knocked it over, causing the cartridge to pop out during gameplay, glitching it), so I've had to make up for...
  11. CynthiaLover

Got a quick question regarding two certain Mons. I'm doing a run in HG (as the last one glitched and wiped itself clean as a result, forcing me to buy a new one, as I feared it would do it again), and I wanted to know which of these two Mons would be better suited for Johto and Kanto: Omastar or...
  12. CynthiaLover

@Bob Fizzle Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it. I'll be using Hawlucha and Lycanroc as the speedy team members, so I do have a Fighting type at the ready to deal with Rock and Ice (and, in Hawlucha's case, also possessing an immunity to Ground). I might go for Vaporeon for a Water Mon...
  13. CynthiaLover

Well, sadly, Y was a bust. I got as far as Korrina before finally giving up. I just can't really get into XY, as it feels just like RBY with a French accent, and I loath RBY at this point. Plus it has a really bad case of idiot plot, and I like having an actual story to enjoy throughout a game...
  14. CynthiaLover

Hi, got a quick question regarding three different Grass Mons. I'm doing a "challenge" of sorts in my restarted Y version, where I use mostly Mons that I've hatched from Eggs, regardless if said Mon is in the Kalos dex or not. However, these Eggs are mystery eggs, leftover from various breeding...
  15. CynthiaLover

Okay, since I finished my AS run just yesterday, I restarted my spare White version for another run through Unova. However, I'm not sure which Mon is a better Psychic Mon: Masharna or Sigilyph. I've used Masharna before, thus I know how well it performs, so I was tempted to try Sigilyph...
  16. CynthiaLover

Well, here I am again. My HG ended up glitching and I lost everything, so that effectively iced that run, so now, with my newly fixed 3DS's, I've decided to try an Alpha Sapphire run instead. And, besides, I like Hoenn better than Johto anyway, and AS is a bit less dated in terms of mechanics...
  17. CynthiaLover

Sorry for the double post, but a new situation has arisen. In Gen IV, what would be a good level to evolve a Sneasel into a Weavile? I ended up with a hatchling Sneasel in my HG run (mystery eggs, you gotta love 'em) and I wasn't sure if/when would be the most ideal time to evolve her. She's...
  18. CynthiaLover

Welp... my Y run has been put on hold due to both of my 3DS's acting up (I dropped my main one by accident, and when up boot it up the screen is distorted, so I have to send it out for repairs, while the other one's battery is not holding a charge, so I have to order another battery), so I'm...
  19. CynthiaLover

Okay, I'm planning to do another US run, as I've lost total interest in HGSS (mainly that atrocious level curve is was repelled me, as even with Lucky Eggs it takes entirely too long), and I wanted some ideas and/or input on potential members. I won't be starting it for at least another day or...
  20. CynthiaLover

Okay, once again, I need help. This time I'm playing HeartGold, as I've completed my X run a day or two ago. Sadly, my Johto know-how is rusty, so I want some advice on potential teammates. And I do have one particular rule: Only Gen II Mons allowed, though that also extends to evolutions...