• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Search results

1. F

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread Need a bit more to go on than that, what kind of Pokémon do you like?
  2. F

Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread If you go to your profile on the Pokemon Global Link site and click on Dream World, you will see a little picture of a house, and underneath that will be your point total. Diglett makes an appearance to dig new rows after a certain DW points total. After the...
  3. F

Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread Hey guys, I'm going to restart Black now that I've settled on my Black 2 team and have been using them for a while, but I'm really struggling with a sixth member. The trouble I'm having is that I only want to use Unova Pokémon. Here's the five Pokémon I've...
  4. F

Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread After some much appreciated advice from this thread, I've changed things around in my Black 2 team and I'm pretty happy with it now. I've just defeated Marlon. So far, I haven't missed Unfezant. I really only had him on my team to deal with Marshal; but I'm...
  5. F

Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread Crustle normally has Stealth Rock; I'll give Shell Smash a shot though. I've decided to stick with Flygon, thanks for the advice with the Yache Berry, great idea. Teaching Recover to Jellicent is another fantastic idea. Thanks again, mate. I bred for them...
  6. F

Re: The In-Game Team Review Thread My Black 2 team at the moment. Their hold items alternate based on the situation. I'm considering replacing Flygon or Unfezant with an Ambipom and want advice on this. Flygon has been a powerhouse but he seems to go down too easy, and Unfezant's there because...
  7. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. New team for Black 2... Moveset and held item advice thoroughly welcomed and appreciated! Serperior ♂ Ability: Overgrow, Nature: Modest, Item: Big Root Moves: Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse, Leech Seed, Toxic Crustle ♂ Ability: Shell Armor, Nature...
  8. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Natural Cure, by far. Every time you switch out or a battle ends, status conditions are cured. Illuminate has no effect in battle, all it does is increase wild Pokémon encounter rate by 200%.
  9. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Starmie, by a very long way. Fast, strong, awesome-looking, versatile and has a lot of coverage. Surf, Psychic, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt and that purple hero is unstoppable.
  10. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I got up to Virbank Gym with that team and decided to change them after I remembered how limited Snivy's moveset was (I originally chose Snivy because Dragon Pulse would've made it so much more useful for Iris). What do you think of the new team (I...
  11. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I've just started Black 2, and chosen Snivy. I want to run with all Unova Pokémon, so the following is what my eventual team will have. Any recommendations for moves are welcome. :) Serperior Ability: Overgrow, Nature: Modest Moves: Energy Ball...
  12. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. To help solve your quandary with choosing an Electric-type, I suggest Galvantula. Galvantula with CompoundEyes is fantastic when combined with Thunder. I pretty much always have a Galvantula in my teams now. Bug Buzz / Thunder / Energy Ball / Thunder...
  13. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. It's a great idea to teach Empoleon Ice Beam and Flash Cannon, I'd recommend ditching Metal Claw and Shadow Claw. My Empoleon had Surf, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam and Earthquake, but Drill Peck is just as useful. If you're going to replace Fire Fang, my...
  14. F

Re: My W2 team Get yourself a Frillish!
  15. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. My current team in White 2... I'm just about to go to Opelucid City for my seventh badge. I'm very happy with it so far. I'm more or less just using my favourites. Ferrothorn is amazing. Any suggestions are welcome, but the only Pokémon I'd consider...
  16. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Does your Scyther have Technician or Swarm? I'd recommend getting rid of Infernape's HM moves and teaching it something like Fire Punch / Close Combat / Rock Slide / Thunder Punch. Personally I would do something similar with Machamp, just for the sake...
  17. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I've restarted White and changed my team (again!). They're currently all low level, but here's how they'll look once they've evolved. I'd like some advice on Beartic's moveset. Sceptile ♂ (Nature: Modest, Ability: Overgrow) Energy Ball Hidden Power...
  18. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I have an egg that will hatch into a Jolly Chimchar with Fire Punch and Thunderpunch in the box; would you suggest going for that in place of the Adamant one?
  19. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Oops, my bad. I copied and pasted the HeartGold info above the Platinum ino and just changed it where necessary; must've missed channging Quilava's nature. My Monferno is Adamant. Sorry about that. :)
  20. F

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I've recently restarted both Platinum and HeartGold and decided to go for ridiculously similar teams, as well as trying to keep both teams relatively close together in terms of level. All Pokémon were specially bred and traded over to their respective...