• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Search results

1. MegaPod

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Well, it is definitely capable of saying “Crawdaunt” in the anime, at the very least :3c
  2. MegaPod

Actually, my beautiful scary crawfish baby does have a mouth. It’s right where the top of the white and blue section on its front meets the red of its carapace.
  3. MegaPod

You whaaaa?? :lapras: ...Perhaps you’ve never seen a Dhelmise. Yes, that must be the only explanation, because Dhelmise is a thing of beauty!
  4. MegaPod

It’s able to learn “Metal Claw” because of its spikes, so I assume that extends to Hone Claws, too.
  5. MegaPod

Perhaps it’s due in part to the fact that most Grass-types also learn Solar Beam, which involves manipulating light, too.
  6. MegaPod

Yes. Which still makes it tied for most efficient.
  7. MegaPod

Well, it is the weaker version of Shadow Force, which is Giratina’s signature move. But that still does mean there shouldn’t be any reason for Giratina not to learn it.
  8. MegaPod

Hydreigon with Phantom Force doesn’t really make much sense, and also doesn’t provide any Fairy coverage, which it actually does get in the form of Flash Cannon.
  9. MegaPod

They also give it to other beautiful genderless mons, like Mew, Minior and Dhelmise.
  10. MegaPod

Sableye doesn’t get Night Slash. Da heck is with that?
  11. MegaPod

I always just guessed it was because snowflakes are pretty or something. I mean, they do give it to Mew just for the reason that it gets to learn all TMs. *checks and finds out that Minior and Dhelmise can learn Attract by TM too* -gasp- So they do give it to Pokémon just for being beautiful!
  12. MegaPod

Yeah, it would definitely make sense for Incineroar to get those moves. But I can also definitely see how Sudowoodo, Dugtrio, and Decidueye get the surprise attack move. And...maybe Meowstic startles opponents by doing that creepy thing with its face? I ‘unno, it’s not really that fitting. As...
  13. MegaPod

Yeahhh... and move tutors can teach it how to create sentient floating rocks, bore into opponents like a drill, manipulate gravity, and siphon opponents’ very vitality from a distance...but not bump into stuff?
  14. MegaPod

I think Play Rough would suit Xerneas well, especially since it has other physical options such as Close Combat, but only special Fairy moves.
  15. MegaPod

Eh, it seems unlikely it would ever be made official, but I could imagine it. Those others you mentioned do naturally float, I will note.
  16. MegaPod

Tauros with Whirlpool?? Water bunch of bull!!!
  17. MegaPod

I can see how it makes sense for Incineroar, Chesnaught, and Swampert to get Arm Thrust, while most of the others seem a bit iffy in my opinion and it just doesn’t work with Decidueye’s design.
  18. MegaPod

Fair enough. I just thought they could be used somehow, like giving Forretress Megahorn? Still kinda preposterous, but I can see it happening. Also, I think it would need a base power buff to be useful, but it would be funny to give Water Shuriken to Cloyster.
  19. MegaPod

Um, this is technically still the learnset thread. Maybe there's a relevant thread somewhere in the section for your ideas, or you could create one. Why does Togetic get Smart Strike over Pokémon who could feasibly use it, such as, I dunno, Forretress?
  20. MegaPod

Nonono, it digs partially under the dirt, disguising itself as a regular tree! :P (it actually kind of does that in Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia) ...jokes aside, your logic is sound. But I don't have a huge problem with it, anyways.