• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Search results

1. Beth Pavell

What video games are you playing now?

Empire Total War: Great Britain 1701-1705 - Added Austria to the list of trade partners for a pretty stable trading profile. Swapping tech with some of the major powers has given me a slight headstart in artillery, but for technology I've been concentrating in the basics - bayonets, basic farm...
  2. Beth Pavell

Empire Total War: Great Britain 1700-1701 - A new game and frenetic activity. First order of business is to raise tax income, so to that end I've been building governmental buildings and trying to stimulate growth in the backwaters - Scotland, the Bahamas, Rupert's Land. A sugar plantation in...
  3. Beth Pavell

Medieval II Total War: England. Feeling somewhat smug now - a skirmish in Brittany led to the French King Louis marching up from Touraine. My army retreated further into Brittany, while a Norman force descended on the French from Caen and routed them. King Louis barely escaped, and mercenary...
  4. Beth Pavell

Medieval II Total War; England. The Danes sued for peace, which I'm happy to give in exchange for trade rights. This doesn't quite remove the threat to Flanders, but it does give enough breathing space to reorganise and rebuild. Continued skirmishing around Normandy shows I really need some more...
  5. Beth Pavell

Medieval II Total War: England. Skirmishing in Maine in an attempt to keep the French off-balance - I don't want an army massing in Anjou at this point. The Danes made a valiant attempt to take Antwerp, essentially destroying the garrison there. New levies from England are going to have to at...
  6. Beth Pavell

Medieval II Total War: England. For the second time today, procrastinating. Inconclusive fighting in Normandy has battered my army there. I'm trying to patch it up as quickly as possible so it can reasonably take on the French in the field instead of sitting it out in siege. The Danes have now...
  7. Beth Pavell

Medieval II Total War: England. The Holy Roman Empire decided to besiege Antwerp while some of the garrison were putting down a rebellion. Some savage fighting in the town square, but despite losing half my men it quickly turned into a rout and a victory for the English. The French have besieged...
  8. Beth Pavell

Medieval II Total War: England. Picking up and old save from last year. Investing in ports and markets is paying off, not least because my kingdom is a kingdom of the coasts. Trade with Denmark and Spain is bringing in a good deal of money despite the Low Countries still being rather...
  9. Beth Pavell

Space Empires V: The siege of Uphada grinds on, though not without results. Feeding reinforcements in ought to keep it going. In the meantime the mopping-up actions in Cretirk and Spica are allowing me to consolidate gains there and tighten my grip on the conquered systems. In general things...
  10. Beth Pavell

Space Empires V: Very much a turn for patience. The big news is that Iridia is now completely under control. I've prioritised the system for consignments of colonists, in order to strengthen my general grip. The siege fleet can now move back to Castor to see about finally getting rid of Castor...
  11. Beth Pavell

Space Empires V: It looks like I've managed to drive the Cue Cappa fleet back towards Quintar - which buys me some time to bring the battlefleet reserve into Cretirk. Half of Battlefleet Green (Siege) will have to stay on-station to prevent a warp through into Fornax, but for now the other half...
  12. Beth Pavell

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Decided to quest after ancient shafts, so headed West towards Great Plateau in search of Dah Kaso Shrine. There seem to be a lot of floating platforms around Digdogg Suspension Bridge. Found the Shrine, though no ancient shaft drop this time. Collecting chests and...
  13. Beth Pavell

Space Empires V: For the short term, I have reason to keep Battlefleet Green in commission. The Cue Cappa, tenacious as ever, seem to have built a fleet of nine ships in Quintar, including several dreadnoughts. Between Battlefleet Green (Siege) the fleet can't really go anywhere, though I hope...
  14. Beth Pavell

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: So much for being a bit more liberal with weapons. Crossed the wetlands and struck East past Boné Pond intending to climb Lanayru Tower. One too many black bokoblins later and I'm avoiding the rest of the little devils in order to get to the tower. Activated the...
  15. Beth Pavell

Space Empires V: Cretirk VI has fallen, and with it a system I would have liked to take about fifty turns ago. But it's done now, and the entirety of Battlefleet Green (Siege) can move on to Uphada while the mainline fleet clears out of the debris left behind. The future of Green is in question...
  16. Beth Pavell

Space Empires V: Decatur V is finally cleared - though Battlefleet Green (Dexter) is now more of a glorified squadron. On the plus side, only Cretirk VI remains as a hostile colony, so Dexter can be tasked to clear out the miscellaneous satellites littering the system. Operation Province is...
  17. Beth Pavell

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Decided to make the perilous journey across Hyrule Field to retrieve a memory, which at first was fairly quiet. Without a map I went a bit too far East and ended up at the Mabe Village Ruins. Some hiding the the grass was needed to dodge the Guardians till I...
  18. Beth Pavell

Breath of the Wild Master Mode: Headed West across Necluda, this time going North towards Nirvata Lake. Didn't go all the way up to the Peak of Awakening, instead skirting the lower slopes and along North to the Phalian Highlands. The main journey was East past the Lanayru Road West Gate on the...
  19. Beth Pavell

Breath of the Wild: East Necluda is proving to be irritatingly dangerous. I had planned to complete The Sheep Rustlers, only to discover two of the bokoblins are silver. And then that cursed lizalfos spawn with weapons that are deadly at this point. Clearly it's time to quit the East and return...
  20. Beth Pavell

Space Empires V: More slow progress. What was Battlefleet Green (Dexter) needs a moment to reform before clearing the skies around Decatur V. Battlefleet Green (Siege) in Cretirk is still awaiting reinforcement, so I've ordered a refit of HMS Atropos and her sister ship in the meantime...