• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Search results

1. S

What video games are you playing now?

Not much to report from my MH plays ... in MHGU we finally finished the Teostra X armor set, but its skills are nothing like the MH4U version. In MHGU it literally has a skill called "Anti-Chameleos" which makes you immune to poison (Chameleos, Grypceros, Rathian, Nerscylla, etc.), item theft...
  2. S

So a few days ago I set up an online room int MH4U and took down Gogmazios with one random hunter -- 30 minutes instead of needing the full 50. I've unlocked G-special quests, and did enough grinds to unlock the first "Aged Text" which is a Molten Tigrex (but G-rank!) -- and while I've been...
  3. S

Rathalos's poison comes from the talons, not the tail. And yes, Rathalos has always stayed in the air more than Rathian -- bring an insect glaive if you want to go air-to-air, or load up your Slinger with Flash Pods. Anyway, in my case we beat MH4U again. That is to say, defeated Gogmazios at...
  4. S

Celeste, chapter 6. To say anything of what transpired in the story here would be MAJOR spoilers, but it took us a solid hour to finish it, and we did so with less than 100 deaths (much better than the previous chapter, with about 150 deaths). Also, chapter 6 has no strawberries.
  5. S

Yeah, you definitely did some sequence breaking; for story purposes you hunt Tobi before Anjanath. As for me, nothing new to report in either MH4U or MHGU, but I recently picked up Celeste and while I'm maybe about halfway through, it definitely lives up to what people say about it.
  6. S

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. We ground out the last remaining 10* village (Soaritorium) quests, which unlocked a set of FOUR urgent quests: Ukanlos, Akantor, Nakarkos, and Amatsu. Clearing those unlocked another Urgent quest, Alatreon. And clearing THAT unlocked an entire slew of...
  7. S

There's a new Fire Emblem -themed Tetris 99 event this weekend, so of course I had to play some matches to win the theme. No plans to actually use it, though -- not a FE fan generally, and the choice of music tracks used doesn't mean much to me. We had a lot of losses (including more than a...
  8. S

Ever have one of those days when you randomly stumble across something and think "I need to look that up?" Well for me that was last night and the indie game was "Golden Treasure: the Great Green", and since it offered a free demo I spent maybe 3-4 hours playing it. The game has very distinct...
  9. S

So in MH4U I have my invitation to fight Gogmazios, and I certainly don't need directions. This is approximately the point at which I lost my old MH4U save file, but in half the total playtime and with a wider variety of armor sets in tow. (I plan to face down Gog with the Teostra X set, soon...
  10. S

Soloed G-rank Chameleos (the online version) last night, a full 30 minutes but we did it. Then I tried fighting G-rank Teostra solo -- emphasis on "tried". After that went south and fast, I remembered I still need Rathian Mantles for various armor pieces and upgrades. Or maybe I should gem...
  11. S

In Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, I finally buckled down and took on the final low-rank village quests that I never completed on the 3DS. Brought my G-rank prowler, but the hunt itself still took 30 minutes. Didn't feel as OP as I thought I might, but these quests are certainly a doozy...
  12. S

Various grinds in MH4U. Hunting just one Chameleos (the caravan version, in the Everwood) was apparently enough materials to craft the Chameleos Insect Glaive, and hunting just a second one (same quest, which for some reason occurs on the Ancestral Steppe during repeat attempts) gave me enough...
  13. S

MH4U. Doing online hunts with random people. We tried G-rank Teostra tonight, and that went about as well as could be expected (i.e: quest failed just five minutes in). After that, we did some lower rank quests for a change of pace, with notably more success.
  14. S

Crypt of the NecroDancer: After what felt like 300 attempts, FINALLY cleared zone 4 with Aria. Her mode progresses through the zones in reverse order, but don't assume the other zones are any easier for it ... if anything, they're worse.
  15. S

After what feels like a cumulative 500 attempts, I finally beat Crypt of the NecroDancer with the Monk character, which unlocked the character "Bolt". Now for Aria to finish up the story mode ... Aria's unique rules aren't any easier, but for some reason she's a LOT more fun to play than Monk.
  16. S

After losing my MH4U save file last month or so ... by now I am back in G-rank and have crafted my first sets of actual G-rank armor (Bnahabra just because, and Najarala because it's awesome). Definitely still constantly needing to go farm Armor Spheres for upgrades, though ... I really liked...
  17. S

I recently picked up the Nintendo Labo VR starter kit. Assembled it and had a little fun browsing around the program (and apparently I still need to clean the screen on my Switch more). Then I tried Breath of the Wild's "VR mode". It's not as immersive as I'd hoped, plus I had to turn it off...
  18. S

IIRC correctly what I read on the FF fan wiki, every time a party member targets Ozma with any action, its ATB meter gets instantly filled, giving it a pre-emptive turn on yours. The good news is that it can't take more than two turns in a row; the bad news is this can occur AFTER its normal...
  19. S

Because it's basically 1 attack per every YOUR turn. It's like how in Legend of Dragoon there were 2 (or 3?) bosses that got multiple turns in a row based on how much damage you were doing to them. That ALONE made them the toughest encounters in the game.
  20. S

Yeah, Ozma's hax are real. I think I challenged it once, then walked away with a big "nope, I'm not doing that."