• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Search results

1. GastlyGibus

EVERYONE: [Pokémon] Ghosts of the Past

Obligatory introductory stuff: Hello, and welcome. I'm here to annoy you all once again, this time with yet another PMD-style fanfic. It's a story I've been kicking around in my head for who-knows how long, but hopefully this time I can commit to it fully. I want to complete this eventually, and...
  2. GastlyGibus

EVERYONE: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ghosts of the past.

Chapter links have been threadmarked! Go to the top or bottom left of this thread and click the "threadmarks" button. Alternatively, use the Table of Contents section below for direct links to the chapters. An RP turned fic for fun. Why not? Not-story-related schpiel that's not important but...
  3. GastlyGibus

The most disappointing album(s)?

Exactly what the title suggests. In your opinion, what is the most disappointing album you've ever heard or bought? An album that, for whatever reason, didn't live up to what you expected. Please note that "disappointing" doesn't necessarily have to mean "bad" or anything. Like, here, I'll give...
  4. GastlyGibus

TEEN: Towards Green Pastures

Because clearly I needed a third story to distract me from my other two. Rated T just in case. Violence and mild language may follow. Comments and criticism welcome! Chapter One: Comfort in familiarity The sun began to set, illuminating the city in it’s familiar orange glow, the reflection...
  5. GastlyGibus

Start Ups Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ghosts of the Past [IC]

“Catch that little bastard!” Voices called out amongst the trees, as a small Sableye darted off through the foilage. Leaves crackled and crumbled under his feet, dashing effortlessly through the trees and zig-zagging through to throw off his pursuers. He turned his head, seeing that his...
  6. GastlyGibus

Introduction: Years ago, the town of Independence wasn't very well known. A small city isolated in the country side, few residents lived there, and even fewer travelers came through. It was a quaint, quiet city, and the small community enjoyed the peace that Independence provided. Now, it's a...
  7. GastlyGibus

Mafia: Honor Among Thieves mafia: Game over - Mafia Victory.

Prologue: A cloud of sand kicked up along the highway, a large, windowless black van driving down at high speeds. Further down the road lay a large abandoned warehouse; the van’s destination. The vehicle pulled in towards the warehouse, coming to a complete stop as several men and women in...
  8. GastlyGibus

Getting "In the zone."

I'm curious as to what other people would describe as their "writing zone." What do you consider your ideal environment for starting to write? For me, for some reason I find comfort in more crowded/lively places. When I'm alone in my room, I find that it can be distracting, ironically enough...
  9. GastlyGibus

EVERYONE: A New Life - For Better or Worse.

So, I was hanging out in the Writers Workshop general chat thread, and everybody was talking about fan-fiction, about how it's good practice, etc.... One thing I noticed is that a lot of people here have written what's called a "Journey Fic," which is essentially a Pokemon fan-fic about a kid...
  10. GastlyGibus

Mafia: Disney Mafia: Game over! Town victory! (24/03/14)

Well, it's been a while since I last did one of these. So pardon me if I'm a little rusty; just getting back into the groove of things. =P Ah, Disney World. A world where imagination runs wild, fun and adventure awaits around every corner, and everyone lives in peace and harmony. Truly...
  11. GastlyGibus

Start Ups Lilycove University: Freshman Year!

Lilycove University Act I: Into the Great Wide Open Theme song: Learning to Fly The sun was beginning it's ascent into the skies above Hoenn, casting light across the ocean as a yacht, the Silver Gleam, continued it's course towards Lilycove City. The calls of wild Wingull could be heard all...
  12. GastlyGibus

EDIT: The RP has started. I am no longer accepting sign-ups. Click here for the Start-Up thread. This thread will serve as a place for OOC discussions. You picked up a pamphlet the other day. Looking it over, it appears to be an advertisement for a type of trainer's school. Lilycove...
  13. GastlyGibus

Would you want another Academy RP?

Because clearly we don't have enough of them. So I've been entertaining this idea for a role play for a bit now, but there's something holding me back. That something is the setting the role play will take place in. Now, originally, I wanted to have your traditional boarding school type...
  14. GastlyGibus

GEN VI: Looking for Prankster Sableye

Update: I have received the Sableye I requested, so this offer is no longer valid. If you still want any of the Pokemon in my safaris with their hidden abilities, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Thanks! --- Hey all, just going to toss this request out there for anybody who is...
  15. GastlyGibus

What's your favorite music genre?

Even if you're like me and can say you pretty much like anything, I'm asking you to narrow it down to one genre. You can be specific, like "Norwegian Power Metal!" or more general, like "Pop music!" Me? While I listen to most everything from K-pop to death metal, classic rock to dubstep, and...
  16. GastlyGibus

TEEN: It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven.

Hey, lookie here, it's a Fan-fic! Hey, it's also the first one I've actually posted on a public forum! Huh. Yeah, this is the first story I've ever actually posted. As such, I expect fair judgement. By fair, I don't mean "sugercoat it and say only nice things." If it sucks, tell me! I'd like to...
  17. GastlyGibus

Two-Word story.

Howdy! I'm a new user here, so I figured what better way to break the ice with the community than with a fun little forum game? I checked a few pages back and didn't see this one, so if it's already been done before, forgive me! Anyways, this game is called Two-Word story. Basically, I'll...
  18. GastlyGibus

Gentlemen...

Well, hello! Thank you for dropping by. I am GastlyGibus. Even though it's plainly obvious, I am a Pokemon fan. I got into Pokemon when I was around 10 years old (just like the games OMG) although I was a little late, as the first Pokemon game I ever played was Pokemon Sapphire. I've never...
  19. GastlyGibus

COMPLETE: It's Electric (TEEN)

Hi, my name is *REDACTED* and this is a story I wrote. Actually, it's one of the first fan fictions I've ever written. No, there's no sex in it. No, there's no self-loathing or mary sues in it either. I know, it's terrible, isn't it? Anyways, since this is the first story I've actually posted...