• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

Search results

1. SpinyShell

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Not certain if this has been posted here before, but Garchomp should be able to learn Fly. Many of its Pokedex entries talk about how it flies at high speeds in the air, even having midair battles with Salamence, and it's been shown racing a fighter jet... yet it cannot learn the move Fly.
  2. SpinyShell

I had no idea. Still, it doesn't look like it's capable of producing a snarling or barking sound.
  3. SpinyShell

I wasn't basing it solely on the Japanese name. That's why I said And while I guess the Pokémon themselves could make snarling noises even though their inspirations couldn't, I consider that unlikely, especially in Crawdaunt's case. GameFreak tends to keep things somewhat logical. No mouth....
  4. SpinyShell

Crawdaunt shouldn't be able to use Snarl. The Japanese name of the move is Bark Out, and pretty much every other Pokemon that can learn it is either a dog/cat or a Pokemon that seems like it can make loud barking/snarling sounds. Crawdads, the animal Crawdaunt is based on, can't produce...
  5. SpinyShell

If this was the case, then Wooper, Gastly, and Stuffle wouldn’t be able to learn Ice Punch since they don’t have hands, even though their evolutions do. Also, Buneary and Delibird can learn Ice Punch as an egg move despite having stubs for hands. If a small rabbit and penguin can punch, I think...
  6. SpinyShell

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem cannot learn Ice Punch despite each having an arm encased in ice. They really should be able to learn that move, along with Icicle Crash.