• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

Search results

1. Soki

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Checked it and Matleo's right, Oshawott can get it through breeding with Skitty or Spinda. Not sure if all starters should get it, but I do wonder why only Oshawott can get it... I see the other mons that learn it are either baby mons or other cute ones, or they have something to do with...
  2. Soki

I quote from myself: In other words, it indeed doesn't make sense that not all birds and horned Pokémon learn the move. But I guess choices have to be made somewhere, some Pokémon would end up with enormous movepools if they would learn every single move that fits them. So that's the simple...
  3. Soki

Peck and Smart Strike are used by Pokémon that can use something pointy to jab/stab with. Absol with its scythe like thing at the side of its head would have to bend its head in a really weird way to be able to actually jab/stab someone with the point of it. Therefore it not learning Peck or...
  4. Soki

The description of peck is "The target is jabbed with a sharply pointed beak or horn." I agree it's weird for some birds to not learn it, but Malamar has a beak, and Dewgong, the male Nidoran line and Maractus have horns, so it's not at all weird for them to learn it. Same reason Goldeen learns...
  5. Soki

Pokémon that are Rock and don't have Ground as second type, but still learn Earthquake: Aerodactyl, Sudowoodo, Shuckle, Magcargo, Corsola, Aron line, Nosepass, Lunatone, Solrock, Cradily, Armaldo, Relicanth, Regirock, Cranidos, Rampardos, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Probopass, Roggenrola line...
  6. Soki

Do Swinub or Wooper look heavy enough to make one? :P I get the complaint, as a lot of Rock-types learn Earthquake so I had expected it too. But I don't mind that much as it also learns