• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

Search results

1. canisaries

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

There are plenty of fics written during the course of the show, so something not being up to date on the canon shouldn't be surprising. Just mention it and you should be fine. As for everything already having been done... it goes for any story. As the saying goes, nothing new under the sun...
  2. canisaries

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

oh, alright, i was talking about it in the context of a character without other healing moves. i think the logic itself working depends on how you describe it. a mon sprouting roots and using them to drain the environment makes sense to me, but a mon drawing nutrients and water to them...
  3. canisaries

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

i mean it makes sense to me since it's grass type and plants are known to absorb things (hell, that's why they're SE against water), but are you sure it won't become one of those "why didn't they just" situations later? being able to heal by yourself (nearly) anywhere at any time may get in the...
  4. canisaries

adjectives can be a pitfall imo. they shouldn't be exclusively relied on in description or used as a shortcut, much like adverbs. giving concrete details that support and imply a larger, abstract concept is better than saying the word for the concept itself - for example, showing that a monster...
  5. canisaries

TEEN: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation

Chapter 65 Ahhh... alright, this does make the Mystics more vulnerable in the death situation. Though now I'm not sure where the spirits inside the Orbs come from? It can't just be Star and Arceus that have the power to bring them there, or they'd have to be the ones responsible for all of...
  6. canisaries

Writing out my backlog before I get into 65... Chapter 62 roll credi- wait barky i found this weird mole on my body can you take a look I'm not sure how clouds radiate, though? I can't really visualize that. It's more likely than you think. jazz music stops yesssssssssssssss let him...
  7. canisaries

@namohysip Wasn't Hands of Creation partially RP based? If so, got any pointers? Halloween isn't really celebrated here outside some themed parties and the odd decoration. However, we have something pretty similar to trick-or-treating on Palm Sunday called virvonta where kids dress up as...
  8. canisaries

weirdly enough my dad brought up these new games just as i'd opened this thread and seen the messages about it. it's a good thing i told him my opinion on it and that i don't want him to get it for me in case he was thinking of it, because he was (because he's a sweet dad and i love him). i just...
  9. canisaries

POPULAR: Need a Name Thread

@unrepentantAuthor i love monstertruck i know nothing about them but i already love them Here are some potential candidates: Severus, seviper Giza, cofagrigus male Finnish first name, somewhat similar to 'otso', a synonym for bear, ursaring Puffball, breloom Finnish for 'snow', common name for...
  10. canisaries

if someone does then congratulations youve found the most boring person on earth
  11. canisaries

Special Episode 5, in which Anam is a tiny laser pacman. let's-a go i spy with my little eye something beginning with FASCISM ahhh you startled me No, really though, it wasn't obvious that the first two scenes were of the same journey, so the mental cache of characters kind of reset for me...
  12. canisaries

well, goes with the theme of pokemon being absurdly powerful for their size and shape in general
  13. canisaries

Hap Art

bruh this is great stuff
  14. canisaries

CHALLENGE: The Monthly Art Prompt Thread

15. canisaries

What Cress says is true, bad or strange publicity is more effective than good publicity. Even if Fallout: Equestria is not generally considered bad from what I've heard, it absolutely has the reputation of "that one fanfic that's super long (and has a considerable fanbase so it actually has to...
  16. canisaries

I would not trust that. Literally anyone can make a TV Tropes page. I've heard of stories where some authors' friends make a page for their fic just for fun. It's all about whether someone who reads wants to make a page or not. Naturally, if you have more readers, the chance is higher, but one...
  17. canisaries

Okay, so the MLP fics have a very simple explanation behind them. The early 2010s had an incredible surge of brony content as the fandom's size snowballed due to the strong identity associated with it (sense of community against the majority who don't think girls' cartoons can be good or watched...
  18. canisaries

GAME: Review League

i better get my reviews in too before i forgetti Dispatch Deferred base - 2 chapters - 1 500+ words - 2 oneshot contest bonus - 4 SWAP! base - 2 chapters - 1 500+ words - 2 oneshot contest bonus - 4 Places We Call Home base - 2 chapters - 1 500+ words - 2 Hands of Creation - Chapter 55, 56...
  19. canisaries

TEEN: Places We Call Home

Hi there! Been meaning to check this out since it was posted, but never got around to it until now. Here are my thoughts on the prologue and first chapter. I feel like this paragraph is rendered a bit redundant by the ones that follow, as Haru does end up doing pretty much what's described...
  20. canisaries

i mean knowing this little, it's hard to give fitting advice, but it kinda sounds like you've maybe approached the planning from the investigation's perspective? that will be necessary once it's written, but i think it's better to make the crime and its timeline first and then think of what kind...