• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Search results

1. Village Bridge Busker

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

I know. I’m from the UK too and I’ve visited Manchester more times than I’d care to count. Clock towers and bridges like that are found all over the UK. Leeds has just as significant a canal system as Birmingham. Glasgow has just as significant an industrial past as Manchester does. There is a...
  2. Village Bridge Busker

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Not sure where you found that map of the UK though... that’s not where the Shetland Islands are. I think there probably is something to the whole ‘Galar is the UK upside down’ idea but I’d be reluctant to say that that any of the cities are directly influenced by real world counterparts other...
  3. Village Bridge Busker

Starters Discussion

The Scor in Scorbunny could also be as in a musical score. I think the sports theme might be getting overplayed (lol) somewhat. The UK’s historical influence on music is greater than its historical influence on sport.
  4. Village Bridge Busker

I would absolutely love for there to be a majestic as hell Unicorn Pokémon to symbolise Scotland :love: a lot of people don’t know that it’s the national animal for our country. I’m obviously biased but I think as far as national animals go, a unicorn is a pretty bad ass one! Even though the...
  5. Village Bridge Busker

Probably best not to base the ‘region looks smaller than expected’ argument on a not-to-scale illustration of the region from the very first reveal trailer. Come on.
  6. Village Bridge Busker

I didn’t even realise until watching the trailer how much I missed random encounters. I’m so pleased that they are back. The mystery of which Pokémon are available in each route is such a huge part of the series for me. I also thought the sort of zombie-like behaviour of the wild Pokémon in...
  7. Village Bridge Busker

I am so happy. Having a region based on where I’m from is like a dream come true. I always knew a UK inspired region was a high possibility but seeing it actually happening is pretty damn special. 100% going with Sobble on my first play through.
  8. Village Bridge Busker

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

DAMN this thread is a nice place to be immediately post-announcement!
  9. Village Bridge Busker

I will never stop wishing for that Platypus water starter. I know it was a fake by a talented artist. I KNOW, OK?! I WILL NEVER. STOP. WISHING. ON A MORE SERIOUS ... oops, sorry... On a more serious note, I will legitimately lose my shit if there are new regional variants OR new Megas. If...
  10. Village Bridge Busker

Man the last few days of this thread have been a total rollercoaster! I had just come to terms with the idea that Pokémon Day was going to be fruitless and then out of nowhere BAM! I am so hyped!
  11. Village Bridge Busker

‘Assbasket’ is the best thing I’ve read in such a long time.
  12. Village Bridge Busker

The cultural, ethnic, architectural and geographical diversity across Europe is mind blowing. Hoping that Game Freak don’t revisit Europe purely because we’ve had Kalos is a little short sighted, in my opinion. Each to their own, of course! But I always cringe a little when I see Europe spoken...
  13. Village Bridge Busker

Hmm. In a subtextual kind of way, all Pokémon games encourage love over hate. Good over evil. Open-mindedness over judgement. It’s realy all one and the same. I’m not sure how encouraging love can be considered ‘preachy’ but that’s just my opinion. I saw someone mention Pokémon Love and Pokémon...
  14. Village Bridge Busker

Absolutely. I would LOVE for there to be new Megas and new regional variants introduced. I feel like it’s almost a guarantee that Gen VIII won’t introduce more of both... which makes me think they won’t introduce more of either... which makes me a little sad. Both of those concepts are so huge...
  15. Village Bridge Busker

Having read the past couple of pages I just wanted to speak up for Gen V lol! Gen V is my favourite gen so far. By quite some distance, actually. It introduced my number one favourite Pokémon, the entirely new Dex made Unova feel so far away from the previous regions (the intended effect) and...
  16. Village Bridge Busker

Similarly, I still believe the titles will be Pokémon Plus and Pokémon Minus but have nothing to do with the Plus and Minus ‘leak’ Just purely because Game Freak went with X and Y for the first 3DS game (definitely no coincidence) and Plus and Minus ties in nicely with the Switch Joy Cons.
  17. Village Bridge Busker

It also allows the player to attach their own choice of personality and character to NPCs. It can be pretty jarring to hear a voice attributed to someone who in your head, sounded completely different.
  18. Village Bridge Busker

It’ll be a cold, cold day in hell before I let anyone call me ‘Big R’ ... God... those nicknames in XY were the cringiest moment of any Pokémon game (for me). Like, actual physical shuddering upon reading them. All joking aside, I do agree that being able to choose a nickname for the purpose...
  19. Village Bridge Busker

Mhm this is kind of my point though. I don’t understand the argument against an entire new Pokédex because all people ever say is ‘I didn’t like the whole Unova Dex’ - that’s not really a valid argument. The quantity =/= quality debate can be applied to literally every regional Dex because no...