• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Search results

1. TechSkylander1518

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

So? That hasn't stopped us from getting other form differences with different movesets that didn't use signature moves, like Cosplay Pikachu and Rotom.
  2. TechSkylander1518

Forms can have different movesets. Keldeo's form change is centered around one form knowing a move the other doesn't.
  3. TechSkylander1518

I think Normal types get a little too much leeway with TMs. Here's a fun little list: Raticate Furret Tauros Dunsparce Linoone Slakoth Delcatty Lopunny Any guess on what they all have in common? They can all learn Blizzard and Thunder by TM.
  4. TechSkylander1518

Gengar was capable of learning Thunder as early as Gen 1, though-it didn't really need it. (Plus, they could have just had Gengar learn it and keep it off Ghastly)
  5. TechSkylander1518

Not seeing any hands here. Seems more likely that it's using its feathers as fingers.
  6. TechSkylander1518

...What are you talking about? The only Pokemon with hands that learns it is Shroomish, and that's because its evolution does. The thread's about moves that Pokemon should or shouldn't be able to learn. They're not breaking any rules by saying they think Decidueye shouldn't get those moves.
  7. TechSkylander1518

I feel like Weather Ball should only be learned by Pokemon associated with the weather in general, not for Pokemon that are connected to one specific form of weather. Does it make sense that Vanniluxe and Snorunt can use a Fire-type move just because it's sunny? That Lurantis and Weepinbell can...
  8. TechSkylander1518

I still don't understand your argument-it sounds like you're saying that it should have been Ground/Fairy just to use the type or because of type matchups, not because of the design itself. Yes, Xerneas resides on land, but so do several other Pokemon. Should Pikachu become Electric/Ground...
  9. TechSkylander1518

Why is that? Hasn't stopped Game Freak from giving Sandstorm to types that are damaged by it, though, or Hail to non-Ice types.
  10. TechSkylander1518

Arcanine was never arguing that Phantom Force made sense on those Pokemon. Hiding in the shadows is one thing, teleporting to another dimension is another.
  11. TechSkylander1518

This might come as a shock, but Extrasensory and Shadow Sneak are entirely different moves from Phantom Force, and someone's opinion on who should get Extrasensory or Shadow Sneak can be different from their opinion on who should get Phantom Force. (Unless I'm seriously missing something...
  12. TechSkylander1518

I bet it also has something to do with the fact that Johto tended to involve Flash more than any other region, so they wanted to give it a wide distribution. Now that it's not a TM anymore, there's very few Pokemon left that learn it.
  13. TechSkylander1518

They have the same effect?
  14. TechSkylander1518

The only thing he's comparing to real life is poison secretion, which is a real thing.
  15. TechSkylander1518

Diamond & Pearl mentioned Ground-types using Ice-type moves on the Gen 8 thread. I was sure that most Ground-types didn't get any significant Ice-type moves, but you know what? The Cubone line learns Ice Beam and Blizzard, of all things. What?
  16. TechSkylander1518

All Pokemon have powers, that doesn't mean they all get the same moves. Game Freak. By the same logic, they should also be able to travel through Ultra Space. Yvetal is associated with death and learns Phantom Force. Mandibuzz is only associated with death because it's a scavenger, not...
  17. TechSkylander1518

I mean, it does, but how would an Electric-type move help it? Why not give it a Ground-type move? It covers both weaknesses and could fit more thematically, since the relation of floral Fairy-types to Grass-types and Grass-types to Ground-types isn't too much of a stretch.
  18. TechSkylander1518

One Pokemon getting a new move isn't the same as a buff for the type. But those Pokemon are clearly capable of bouncing and flying. It'd be bizarre to have Pokemon never associated with ghosts suddenly vanish into the spirit realm. And even the stranger examples of Pokemon using moves outside...
  19. TechSkylander1518

Given the typing and name, I'd say it's most likely something dealing with the afterlife/ghost dimension/whatever Pokemon chooses to call it. (which would also explain why Yvetal is the only non Ghost-type to get it) Which is even less of a case for Jynx, Murkrow, or Mandibuzz, none of whom are...
  20. TechSkylander1518

I can understand Froslass getting it because of its Ghost type, but what does the Ice type have to do with it? The move doesn't mention anything about shadows? The only connection to shadows is with it being a Ghost-type move, and that's not really an argument for Pokemon that aren't Ghost-type.