• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Search results

1. prog rocker

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

I blame the last minute Type change on that one.
  2. prog rocker

Seeing how they can also learn Flamethrower and Fire Blast, I guess whatever causes the stench is also highly flammable. ...I guess living around one may be worse than I thought at first.
  3. prog rocker

That doesn't take away the fact that the typing makes it completely unfitting.
  4. prog rocker

Yeah, but those Pokémon are dragon-inspired in the first place, unlike Arbok. Also, Dive is unfitting for Raticate since I don't think it can hold its breath for long enough.
  5. prog rocker

Another Pokémon that should learn Surf: Raticate, considering how some entries reference its ability to swim.
  6. prog rocker

That's what everyone has been asking themselves since Gen I. No, really, this is not sarcasm. Everyone has asked themselves this at least once since it looks weird.
  7. prog rocker

Is Arbok a Dragon or Dragon-related? "It's a reptile" doesn't count.
  8. prog rocker

They are supporting what you're saying...
  9. prog rocker

In the case of Alakazam, the game programming is the problem. I mean, I wouldn't like it if for some reason a move that I taught my Pokémon suddenly disappeared.
  10. prog rocker

I can get Hypnosis, but Sweet Kiss?
  11. prog rocker

I guess the implication is that they actually have limbs, it's just that we don't see them. The first PMD made a joke about that. After rescuing Diglett with the help of Magnemite Diglett: My feet feel like they are still walking in the air. Main Character: (Feet...?) Magnemite: (HE HAS THEM...
  12. prog rocker

Wasn't that the canon explanation, or did I dream that?
  13. prog rocker

Well, Infestation's Japanese is "follow about", and the names in other languages can mean "pester" or "stalk" so I guess it's just Mr. Mime being a creep.
  14. prog rocker

I consider genderless Pokémon asexual, so maybe that's why they are like that?
  15. prog rocker

Oh, I guess this happens when none of the main game trainers have a Pokémon that knows Substitute, or at least, one that survives more than one move.
  16. prog rocker

I keep forgetting that Substitute can block anything. Even sound, or gestures, or a frickin' wave, or a Wailord.
  17. prog rocker

Well, part of me agrees with that, but maybe it's also the gesture that also causes drowsyness. I started yawning once just by seeing a GIF of a puppy yawning. Although, my situation might be an isolated incident.
  18. prog rocker

I thought it was based on the fact that primates sometimes throw their poop at things. The move description also implies this. EDIT: Oh God, I read about Gunk Shot, and the other primates also learn Gunk Shot. EDIT 2: Except Oranguru since he is apparently above that.
  19. prog rocker

Does Glare mention a pattern in the Japanese games?
  20. prog rocker

And I keep forgetting that Volcanion exists.