• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Search results

1. Cresselia92

How difficult have you found Sword & Shield thus far?

I think the level curve is fine and pretty standard. My Pokémon are barely at spawn Pokémon level, with my strongest one being my starter at Lv. 21. For anyone who wants to grind a bit, I suggest to take a Normal-type with Dark/Ghost coverage and go hunt for Lv. 29 Gastly/Duskull in the Wild...
  2. Cresselia92

The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Anyway, I've started the game yesterday, and I'm really loving it so far! The introduction to the starters was one of the best sequences in the whole franchise, and it really showed their different personalities. I smiled through the whole sequence. :D The first encounter with the legendary...
  3. Cresselia92

Apparently there's a really bad crash bug

Apparently, SD cards written in FAT32 format don't have that issue. So, it may be a wise idea to use that format for the memory cards, just to be safer.
  4. Cresselia92

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

No. If all, it could be interesting to try to get Giga Hatterene by using your own (Dyna) Hatterene.
  5. Cresselia92

SPOILERS Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Hmmm... out of the final starters' artworks, Cinderace is easily the best one in my books. Though, I'm kinda disappointed that its pose isn't midair and doesn't have the foot more angled. It would have made it look more dynamic, I'd say.
  6. Cresselia92

SPOILERS Why is the reception for Sword and Shield so polarizing?

…Anyway, to answer quickly, I think the answer to this thread boils down to this: most people don’t hate Sword/Shield, they are just disappointed because they wished for something better and more impressive. This is the crux of the matter. Now, whether people are willing to put up with the...
  7. Cresselia92

Well, the investors have their influence on that, whether we like it or not. They surely don’t care about emotions being stomped or fans complaining. At least, not to the degree we would wish. They want profits, and Pokémon is very profitable even with a moderate budget. And, really, you can’t...
  8. Cresselia92

The matter is not that they can’t, but more that TPCi offers a strict budget for each game that takes in consideration demand, revenue, potential profit and a lot of other factors. And GF has to make use of that limited budget. This is the same thing that happens for movies as well, and any...
  9. Cresselia92

I feel like the National Dex will be more and more of a pipe dream as the series goes on. Someone has posted this on another forum I follow, which is very enlightening about the whole National Dex issue.
  10. Cresselia92

ATTENTION: Anime & Manga is looking for new mods!

Hello, A&M peeps! Just like said in the title, the A&M moderation staff is looking for another moderator to help check on this section. If you are interested in lending a hand and contributing to the section, then check out this thread and read the instructions carefully, in order to see what...
  11. Cresselia92

It may be the optimistic side of me saying this, but I’m hopeful for future games on the Switch. Most first entries of new consoles tend to have some flaws, after all. For example, DP were plagued by obnoxious backtracking and had issues like long saving times. However, Platinum and especially...
  12. Cresselia92

Weird animation aside, the wolves are bigger than I had imagined. It’s a pity that Poké Ride doesn’t exist anymore — can you imagine riding the Legendary Wolf like Princess Mononoke? It would have been so awesome!
  13. Cresselia92

I dunno. I feel like these are supposed to reference monochrome movies, as Mr. Rime is a reference to Charlie Chaplin.
  14. Cresselia92

Can I just say that the animation of Pyro Ball is awesome? One of the best animations so far by a long shot. Cinderace used Pyro Ball!
  15. Cresselia92

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

You know, there should be indeed an entry for updated moves and abilities (if any ability has been updated). Among the attacks I’ve seen there are: Multi-Attack: Power increased from 90 to 120. Rapid Spin: Power increased from 20 to 50 and raises the user’s Speed by 1. King’s Shield: It now...
  16. Cresselia92

Link doesn’t work to me. Here’s the Twitter link, for the curious: View: https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/1194031550167494663?s=21
  17. Cresselia92

Those dex entries are outdated. People, time to refer to dragons’ skeletons for your size-watching.
  18. Cresselia92

Ah, I see. Well, it’s still a pretty good move. With that, you can send back the hazards to the sender or even steal their screens / Aurora Veil. I like that.
  19. Cresselia92

Yes, a new move that removes hazards. Give it the football Heavy-duty boots and it can be a pretty nice hazard remover. Dang, I'm more and more hyped for the bunny! It's finally gaining the recognition it deserves. :D Oh, and on another note… Aura Sphere is a TR now! And there are many other...
  20. Cresselia92

Well, the player can’t use Eternamax, apparently. That’s an exclusive plot-only boss form. That is fine in my books. At least I can’t just overpower it or cheat my way to beat that thing.