• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Search results

1. Blockhead Pippi

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

I wish I could say that it may have something to do with its Japanese name which more specifically refers to Iaido cut techniques. But then again similar Pokemon like Sandslash, and even Beedrill, can learn it so I can't see why else Zangoose can't. The only possible explanation I can provide...
  2. Blockhead Pippi

Probably because its Japanese name is Sweep Slap, and it hints more towards a sweeping motion than that of an actual slap. Name changes in localization always tends to make things confusing. This is why I always look into the Japanese name of a move to better understand its context in why some...
  3. Blockhead Pippi

I just don't see the point in why Doduo and Dodrio shouldn't be allowed to learn flying or wing-based moves when they're clearly stated to have wings. It just seems like pointless nitpicking to me. Same goes for other Pokemon. Besides, Fly and Steel Wing can only be learned by HM/TM. Those are...
  4. Blockhead Pippi

@NoirGrimoir Of course I know that. But this is Pokemon. We don't have rabbits in the real world that have poisonous quills. We don't have tiny pigeons that are able to fly a teenager from distant city to city. We don't have horses that are literally on fire and still alive. And we certainly...
  5. Blockhead Pippi

I'm obviously late to be commenting on this, but it absolutely boggles my mind whenever people say "Oh Doduo/Dodrio shouldn't learn Fly or wing-based attacks, they have no wings!". Yet Pokemon Yellow's Pokedex mentions that Doduo does in fact have short wings, which I imagine is hidden beneath...