• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Search results

1. Blockhead Pippi

Apparently there's a really bad crash bug

Barely. They just publicly said to send faulty Joy-Cons in for repair. Their usual response, and only because they've been threatened with a lawsuit. They have made no indication (or effort) of actually developing a long-term fix. That we know of anyway. It is hugely disappointing. Nintendo...
  2. Blockhead Pippi

Did Nintendo ever comment on this back when this happened with Smash? I'm surprised I didn't hear more about it then. I'm really hoping Nintendo says something sooner rather than later. (Although seeing as they never commented on the Joy-Con drift until the lawsuit slapped them in the face, I'm...
  3. Blockhead Pippi

The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Well, maybe the Slowpoke tails are substantially harvested. And not like Team Rocket who just keep greedily cutting tails without a care... Oh heck. There's probably factory farming of Slowpoke tails somewhere.
  4. Blockhead Pippi

I guess I'll just watch a Let's Play to see how bad it really is. Thank you.
  5. Blockhead Pippi

Even the scripted stuff in Sun/Moon got horribly intrusive. (Looking at you, ending sequence...)
  6. Blockhead Pippi

If there's no cutscenes every couple of seconds (it seemed like), then I think that's more tolerable. And I don't just mean the Pokemon catching aspect. Sun/Moon was terrible because the entire first island was one giant tutorial you were forced to participate in. Aside from the school house...
  7. Blockhead Pippi

I was skimming through a Reddit thread about the quality of the games. Most of it was bashing out of spite, so there's a part of me that doesn't want to put too much stock into what was said. But then I came across one of the alleged issues... Supposedly the cutscenes and hand-holding in this...
  8. Blockhead Pippi

I'm honestly more pissed off at Nintendo than I am at Game Freak. I don't have a SD card reader for my computer, so I can't format my SD card let alone tell what it is even formatted as.
  9. Blockhead Pippi

Thing is, I've also heard reports that it has also been occurring even with auto-save turned off. Definitely hope they fix it soon.
  10. Blockhead Pippi

So I only just found this out on Twitter, but apparently Japanese players are experiencing some pretty horrendous crashes while playing. It's allegedly related to auto-saving and it wipes out data on the Switch's SD card. I'm not sure about posting the Twitter thread about it (since there's...
  11. Blockhead Pippi

Game Freak "Lied"?

Again, that's not how that works. The scheduling of the anime and merchandise were all directly tied to coincide with the scheduled release of the games. You literally cannot tell the anime series "Sorry but Sword/Shield needed to be delayed, you cannot air the series at this time." Because that...
  12. Blockhead Pippi

3rd Version/Sequels?

I'm not convinced that they will go the DLC route. 3DS supported that and if Game Freak really wanted to explore DLC, they would have done it sooner.
  13. Blockhead Pippi

Game Freak "Lied"?

I'm sorry, but I really cannot agree with this. Although TPCi is not responsible for game development and may not actually dictate Game Freak how to develop, the fact is that Game Freak is under serious crunch time precisely because TPCi is a marketing and licensing company. Sword/Shield really...
  14. Blockhead Pippi

Thank you. It is.

Thank you. It is.
  15. Blockhead Pippi

SPOILERS Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Whelp. Electabuzz was cut. That was pretty much the only one on my radar. On one hand I'm kinda glad that some Gen 1 Pokemon were left out cause it shows that Game Freak is not completely biased with that generation (though I wish the other Kanto starters were included just to balance...
  16. Blockhead Pippi

Well yeah, it's clearly based more on an athlete than a fighter. But a lot of the previous Fire/Fighting starters have had humanoid resemblances. So even without the same typing, it still kind of fits in the same camp. It's just doesn't look very original. I have no doubt that it will probably...
  17. Blockhead Pippi

I'm only casually looking at the leaks. Disappointed in Scorbunny's final evolution, though I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. It's really off-putting that even when the final Fire starter evolution isn't part Fighting, it still has the appearance of one. Grookey's final evolution is a...
  18. Blockhead Pippi

What video games are you playing now?

Digimon Story Cybersleuth (Switch) - I am currently at chapter 9 of the first game. Things are escalating quickly and I'm eager to see where things go from here. My only real complaint right now is that the translation really isn't good and obviously rushed in spots. Seeing as this is a port of...
  19. Blockhead Pippi

Look around you; what is the first red thing you see?

I have a Mario plush sitting on one of my shelves.
  20. Blockhead Pippi

What video games are you playing now?

Digimon Story Cybersleuth Complete (Switch) - Started playing this the other day. Aside from a game I rented for the PS1 and played as a little as a kid (I think it was World 3), this is my first Digimon game. And seeing how they all play differently, I think this one was a good choice...