• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Search results

1. T

SPOILERS Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Maybe its in the expanded Pokedex and since they aren't evolutions they don't need to be sequential. Plot twist--version exclusive dex numbers for the other versions' fossils. Would be an interesting way to keep some secrets hidden.
  2. T

maybe the other version has the yeti / dragon tops and raptor / fish bottoms...and when you trade you can make the full pokemon
  3. T

The Characters in Pokémon Masters

If they take liberties, they could say they're descendants or people doing a historical re-enactment, but I think the bigger issue is that the human characters are based on Tecmo Koei's designs
  4. T

What are your thoughts on Gacha games?

Before Pokemon Masters I've played Fire Emblem Heroes and Yugioh Duel Links. Out of the three, the latter seems the best in terms of giving you in-game currency to get pulls but that's probably because you need a whole lot more pulls to make a decent deck in Duel Links than you would to make a...
  5. T

Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Started playing this since Thursday and here's my thoughts so far: So I got really lucky when I started playing and didn't need to re-roll since my first 10 pulls got Olivia & Lycanroc, Phoebe & Dusclops, and Karen & Houndoom. I did mostly solo rolls after that, and then did another full 10...
  6. T

I want this to be true so badly because the idea that the villainous team is the Pokemon game equivalent of twitter stans is hilarious
  7. T

Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

If they make Gigantamax forms that actually tie into something (e.g., real life references, in-game story) like this, then I may change my opinion on them: But right now, all we know is "lol make them big"
  8. T

Handheld-only Nintendo Switch Lite announced: Pokémon Sword, Shield special edition to be released

Didn't you just have to recalibrate the joycons? That's what I did when the joy stick was drifting.
  9. T

I realize I'm not one to talk but damn people need to calm down...

I realize I'm not one to talk but damn people need to calm down...
  10. T

It's like people on here don't realize that...there are regional variations on pronounciations..."accents" if you will. And that "gorgeous" is probably being pronounced "gorjess" /"gorjuss" /"gor-jee-us" by different people and that's why none of you are agreeing on pronounciation. EDIT: As an...
  11. T

I'm going with Florgz and no amount of "I'm literally fluent in French and have a PhD in linguistics" is gonna change my mind
  12. T

Did the forums get worse or did I just calm down over time

Did the forums get worse or did I just calm down over time
  13. T

Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

We haven't been given much of an origin on Dynamax yet, but what if the Galar region was the country that the Kalos region was fighting with in AZ's time, and while the Ultimate Weapon lead to Mega Evolution in Kalos, a similar weapon in the Galar region (that was ultimately destroyed by AZ's...
  14. T

Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

I like how the franchise can keep giving Red redesigns, and even shifting his hair colour and we'll all agree its Red but people debated Blue/Leaf non-stop. I wonder if they'll start including characters from Colo/XD and PBR in the future. Since people are left with one Pokemon per trainer, I...
  15. T

There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Game Freak, in general, has an issue with removing content rather than refining them. We just never thought it would happen to the Pokemon. As much as the wild area is just bringing Pokemon up to par with other JRPGs that's actually a nice progression of how they took an old feature (having...
  16. T

It's kind of weird to rename the area outside of cities the "wild area" just so they can show off what other games have already done. They had names before: they were routes. They just fenced off everything with barriers and I doubt this is any different.
  17. T

I'm honestly loving the memes about Galexit as the reason they won't let "foreign" Pokemon in the game
  18. T

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

I'm honestly looking forward to this game just so people can uncover more bad programming practices. Maybe we'll even find all 108 Lillies in the code, but with updated HD textures for the Switch.
  19. T

And they had regional variants that could have played that role as well. I was disappointed when they opted to focus on Ultra Beasts, rather than regional variants in USUM. Not that they necessarily had to choose one or the other, but they clearly chose Ultra Beasts.
  20. T

Personally, I think Pokemon is big enough to survive a few hits. Hopefully they'll realize the issue and hire new programmers to better optimize data compression and storage in the games.