• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Search results

1. Captain Hawlucha

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

@ CynthiaLover I vote Roselia. Since there has to be sunlight to activate Bulbasaur's Chlorophyll. I'd personally prefer boosting the Pokemon with vitamins and juice rather than spend time in battle setting up sunlight.
  2. Captain Hawlucha

I'll definitely teach Frosslass Shadow Ball and Ice Beam so thanks.
  3. Captain Hawlucha

So my last Pokémon for Platinum will be Frosslass. I have a female Snorunt. But I'm not sure what moves to teach it. I definitely want her to learn Confuse Ray, but I'm not sure of the others. I'm currently racking up mostly Special Attack EVs and take advantage of her speed to make her a hit...
  4. Captain Hawlucha

How is Tentacruel supposed to fight Magnemite? I'll try battling the other Pokémon if they show up. Thanks.
  5. Captain Hawlucha

In my Platinum run, I need a place where I can grind Special Attack EVs for my Tentacruel and Special Defense for Magnezone, any places or trainers that will work? I know the Old Chateau has Gastly and Haunter, but their too weak to level up Tentacruel quickly.
  6. Captain Hawlucha

No worries. I appreciate the effort.
  7. Captain Hawlucha

My Amaura is Mild nature. Also, the Flash Cannon TM is post game. But thanks.
  8. Captain Hawlucha

So I have most slots on my current X playthrough filled. I want my last slot to be a special wall to stand against Mega Gardevoir. My choice is either Aurorus or Klefki. Who's the more suitable choice? I picked Aurorus for slightly better special defense and decent offense and Klefki for better...
  9. Captain Hawlucha

Altaria. Swellow is fast, but that's about it. Altaria makes a decent wall and Mega Altaria is good at both attacking and defending for physical and special and has a more diverse movepool.
  10. Captain Hawlucha

At least it confirms what my options are, so it does help a little. Thanks.
  11. Captain Hawlucha

Any alternatives Electric types or at least someone that can specialize in Electricity in place of Magnezone to avoid shared weaknesses.
  12. Captain Hawlucha

For my new Platinum run, I want to use a Bronzong as a wall and Magnezone as my electric type, but that would leave me with 2 steel types and I prefer not to have overlapping types.